Hey Y’all, Here is What’s For Supper #108. Find out what Momma’s house is having for dinner this week! Grab a pencil and paper and plan your dinners this week with inspiration and a gentle nudge to have the best week possible!
Hey Momma! What’s For Supper #108
Happy Monday! You might see this Tuesday, my house has been totally crazy this week. Are you feeling like a hamster on a wheel lately? Raise your hand if you sometimes feel a little discombobulated because the Merry Go Round of life has apparently bought you extra tickets. Many of us are swinging back to something of our norm only to find out they are closing more things again and COVID cases are on the rise. And all of us are weary of the news and all the stress of all the things.
And through all of this, we still have to make dinner! Can you. believe it? Yep. there it is, dinner is like laundry… it never ends.
I truly feel we should take extra time to make our dinner hour a place of calm and love. If you can take it outside once in a while, nature truly can heal.
As a matter of fact, while you plan your meals this week grab a glass of ice water or a cup of cocoa and just get outside. Then before you begin take a moment to dream and meditate on peace for 90 seconds. Feel the breeze blow or the sun warm your bones, listen for the birds singing, or your neighbor hammering at his current project. Despite everything, the birds will sing, and the sun will rise and we can choose to embrace a little peace and feel a little bit better.
I bet if you try this, you will fall in love with you 90 seconds of peace.
“Family dinner hour should be the happiest hour of the day!”
~Pam List @Momma Can
Menu Plan for the Week
- Monday: Meatless Macaroni Day – I am making a batch of Sriracha Creamy Cool Macaroni Salad, but I am boiling the pasta and eggs instead of lugging out the Instant pot. Sometimes I just don’t feel like messing with technology in the kitchen.
- Tuesday: Mexcian Cola Pork Carnitas ( New Recipe)
- Wacky Wednesday – Throw Back Cresent Dogs with (gasp) frozen french fries. ( I call this the mom is tired, and baking crescent rolls is still cooking dinner)
- Thursday – Skillet Chicken Lasagna and a green salad. ( because, you know, yesterday was Crescent dogs and fries, and I will have mom-guilt.)
- Friday– Shrimp Stir Fry – with rice because no matter what, my kids will eat rice
- Saturday – 4th of July In the States so we will have all the good things.
Oven-Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs
Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
Deviled Egg Platter
Patriotic Brownies – we are using the Kodiak whole wheat mix. We love it with M & Ms!
- Sunday – Leftovers (because that is why you make extra on Saturday during the holidays)
Love trying new kinds of salads? For a limited time, Momma’s 10 Best Salad Recipes are available in a gorgeous mini-Cookbook. Grab your FREE copy here.
Need more Menu Planning Ideas? Check out our many yummy meal planning ideas here! What’s For Supper? Menu Planning for Busy Families
I wish you a productive week and hope this menu plan finds you safe and healthy!
Thanks for reading What’s For Supper #108
Leave a Reply