Happy new week everyone! We have had beautiful weather here, a wonderfully sunny respite from all the rain southern California has been receiving. There is something so incredibly rejuvenating after a long period of rain followed by the joy of a sun-filled day, a crisp glass of iced tea, a comfy chair and a good book. I plan to enjoy all of those things this afternoon.
We are also enjoying a wonderful array of crisp salads, hearty chilis, and grilled meats this week on our menu. So without wasting a second more of your time here is What’s For Dinner.
Menu Plan for the Week
Well, fresh is the word of the week. We came home from a family weekend trip for my sweet husband’s birthday only to find out that the freezer on our refrigerator had died a quiet, messy, strawberry syrup everywhere, sad death. So our menus will reflect the use of store roasted chicken, fresh salads, and fresh vegetable sides. It will be a planned, but “fly by the seat of your pants” week as we work around not have ICE for our iced tea, not having a freezer for school lunches or leftovers. Lord have mercy, this will be an interesting few days!
- Monday – Roast Chicken, Fresh green salad, with cucumbers and celery generously mixed with fresh mint and cilantro all combined with a yummy fresh lemon vinegarette. Psst, we have a lemon tree out back bursting with lemons, so you are going to see that words quite a bit this week.
- Tuesday – Turkey Burgers ( No bun for this momma), Oven Fries and my famous Tomato Cucumber Salad.
- Wednesday – Shut Up and Pass the Pepper Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken, with roasted green beans, and seasonal fruit salad.
- Thursday – Leftovers. ( I heart Thursday)
- Friday – The boys are on their own. Momma is working the Church Supper. I will have my clean eating healthy meal before I leave and bring some sweet peppers in my pocket to eat while everyone is indulging in Lasagna.
- Saturday – Family Pizza Night and a Movie ( We missed last week, so we are making up for our special time together.)
- Sunday- BBQ, Grilled Corn, Salad, and Watermelon. ( We will send out a family text to see who wants what meat on the grill)
I hope everyone has a super week!
P.S. I am eating super clean this week. For my lunches, I am making a large batch of lemon chicken wings with a dash of sweet honey. Similar to this recipe.
I am also eating a leftover Turkey Burger for one meal and leftover BBQ following Sunday dinner. Eating clean is simple with lots of fresh cut veggies in the fridge and pre-cooked meat. The biggest plus is saving money!
I would love to hear what you all are having for supper this week! Tell me about it in the comments!
Peace, love, sunshine and iced tea,
ps linking up with orgjunkie.com
Hi friends! If you are a blogger or creative with a website check out our new Create and Celebrate page! Create and Celebrate was designed to give HIGH FIVES to all of your hard work and provide a place for your to meet new blogging friends! TAKE ME THERE