Hi, Friends! I am excited to give you my final thoughts on the 10 Day Sugar Detox. For 10 days I had no sugar, legumes, processed foods or wine. I did my best, excluding a couple of hick-ups on particularly busy mom days ( you know what I mean right?). I am going to make a numbered list to share my results and ideas for a better Detox next time.
Final Update for Sugar Detox
- I slept like a newborn baby, you know the ones with no colic and look like little angels and give you that sweet blissful break in the busy first stages of parenting. I like the think of this phrase as a new mom fantasy but it explains my deep sleep for 9 of the 10 days perfectly.
- On the third day, I felt really good. I had more energy than usual and even rearrange my office in a burst of energy one evening.
- I ended up taking all the supplements and really feel it helped with hunger or feeling hungry, especially the PBX fiber.
- I learned to really enjoy my DAILY no-sugar berry smoothies and salads. Wait no, by day 8 I did not want to see a smoothie. I had eggs with the veggie hash or steamed spinach twice. But it was still on plan, so I felt okay about it. However, it is easier to have the same thing every day because the planning part is really the hardest of the Detox and that included the food prep.
- I missed coffee. So I admit I had some.
- I lose 2.5 inches around my middle, the part that gives me that, ” I need to do something! ” feeling when I look in the mirror.
I gain .25 back the second I had some gluten free pizza when the plan was over. ( bummer)
- Next time, I am going to take measurements on my legs and arms along with my waist and hips.
- My general pain tolerance changed. I normally dread getting my eyebrows threaded, especially the tender places underneath the brow. This time I went on day nine of the detox and I barely felt a thing. I usually take a pain reliever before I go and I did not even have one this time. I was amazed! I was so thrilled I though next Detox I am scheduling my dentist appointment!
- I really felt lighter by day nine. So much in fact that I took a leap of faith and exchanged my long term “goal pants” to another size down. That is a miracle in itself right there.
- I need more prep time in my schedule for the first four days. Mainly to prep for salads and dinners. Preparation key and eating at home for most meals makes it so much easier to stay on plan.
Overall, I am happy with my results, and I am looking forward to my next set of 10 days! I encourage you to give a Sugar Detox a try! You really do stop craving all those foods you feel like you need, especially processed food and all that sugar up coffee bar stuff.
MENU PLAN FOR THE WEEK
Monday – DIY Chicken Bowls = We will have Cauliflower rice, white rice for the boys, leftover grilled chicken cubed, pico de gallo, homemade organic pinto beans from my freezer stash, shredded free range cheddar, avocado, and sour cream.
Tuesday- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast, Steamed New Potatoes and Ceasar Salad
Wednesday – Momma’s Taco Soup – with summer squash and zucchini.
Thursday – BBQ Turkey on Gluten Free Rolls, Broccoli Apple Salad, with strawberries as a treat.
Friday – Family Pizza Night – I am going to try Paleo Pizza Crust or purchase a frozen Mike’s Crust over at Walmart. I keep seeing it and have been wanting to taste it.
Saturday – Dinner Out – Indian – They make a fabulous cucumber and tomato salad, but I still like mine better. Try mine this week!
Sunday- Baked Salmon with fresh lemon slices and a big green salad. Yep, you guessed it! Sunday I am starting another 10 Day Sugar Detox.
I hope you have an awesome week! Be kind and be good to you and your health! This sort of kindness helps us to be better moms!