Hey Momma What’s For Supper? #81 is here! Hi everyone! I hope your weekend has been a blast! It is time to get our menus planned so we can have a stress-free productive week! The best part of meal-planning is when you cook at home you save money, time, and eat cleaner!
If you are thinking about eating a clean diet this week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, check out this post, Eat Clean Seven Day Family Meal Plan
Hey Momma What’s For Supper? #81
This week I am dabbling in my first real week of prepping all my snacks following the WW method (Weight Watchers). I have found that taking lifestyle changes one week at a time is very beneficial. I started my healthy lifestyle change by challenging myself first to one week of daily movement ( Leslie Sansone) and then a 30 days challenge which I completed today! I can say right now that daily morning movement has been a blessing! I feel so much better.
So my challenge this week is to honestly write down what I eat each day and follow the Weight Watchers method for sure at Breakfast and Lunch and one snack. Then I will eat a healthy clean dinner with my family. I don’t know if this will be exactly under the suggest point level, but I hope it is very close. I can adjust the following week. The following week I will add dinner after I write down in my Menu Plan all adjustments. I can still use an Eat Clean method using mostly organics and no processed food. This is better for me personally, as I was diagnosed with colitis a few years back. When I eat clean my symptoms are minimal. ( This works for me personally, see your doctor if you feel like you have symptoms like colitis)
Doritos, Cheetos, and Fritos
I am working on a recipe that is like another one of my favorite crispy snacks, FRITOS! I love Fritos or even Doritos in a salad. I know its much like a crouton, but a crouton I can buy whole grain and use olive oil to toast it. Fritos, not so much.
I have two choices, find a clean alternative as a fun treat night dinner salad or make something crunch to add myself that has a low point score on the WW system. I will for sure share the recipe when I am finished.
Here is what is for supper this week!
Dinner Menu Plan No. 81
- Monday – Sticky Sriracha Chicken Legs, Baked Potatoes, and Arkansas Cucumber, Radish and Mint Salad. ( NEW RECIPE)
- Tuesday – Grilled Pork Cutlets for the pork lovers, leftover Sriracha Chicken Legs for the bird lovers, Fried Cranberries and Apples, and Steamed Broccoli.
- Wednesday – BBQ Turkey Pizza Casserole, Chopped Green Salad, and Watermelon Chunks
- Thursday – BUILD YOUR OWN SANDWICH! I have a post coming soon with a fun photo of this meal we have often. But seriously, slice some sandwich veggies, have two choices of cheese and meat, and some yummy bread! Dinner is done. I am serving leftover Watermelon with this, we love it. It looks lovely on a large wood cutting board.
- Friday – Dinner Out ( Yeah for dinner out!)
- Saturday – O That’s Good Pizza or Against All Grain, can’t decide, I love them both. You can find the O pizza at Target and Against All Grain at Sprouts. Serving this with a cute veggie and chip platter. I am obsessed with them right now! I adore clear acrylic platters for spring and summer. I am also making a batch of my famous Pea Soup with Mint and Croutons! Pictured below.
- Sunday – Heat up the grill! Grilled New York Strip and Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs. I am making a marinade of citrus and olive oil with fresh garlic, yum! Steamed New Potatoes, Chopped Salad with Green Olives.
What are your plans for dinners this week?
Share your best ideas in the comments! Planning dinner takes a village!
Hey Momma What’s For Supper? #81
Planning supper is pretty simple. Keep track of your favorite recipes in a binder or folder, grab a paper calendar and each week sit down and plan! I like to plan suppers after I write down my commitments for the week. This gives me a heads up if I need to plan for a soup and sandwich night or grab the slow cooker and making a comfort meal. Either way, we eat better and healthier at home!
Need more Menu Planning Ideas? Check out our many yummy meal planning ideas here! What’s For Supper? Menu Planning for Busy Families
Make sure to sign up for the Library and get the newsletters! We are going to be really growing our menu planning and making it less of a drudge and more of a joy!