How To Steam An Artichoke, Menu Plan and Cleaning List for the Week.
Hi friends, this past weekend I spent several hours creating pretty spaces for the upcoming Fall Home Tour. Fall in California is something I have had to adapt to over the years, especially Southern California. The air is a bit cooler but not brisk and biting like my home state Arkansas and my heart-home state Tennessee. The leaves do not really change much but the harvest does! The artichokes and other rustic vegetables are plentiful at the local family farms and I was able to grab quite an impressive bunch for our photo shot. I adore a steamed artichoke with a spicy aoili or even just a squeeze of lemon. It is a healthy vegetable that is so unique looking that it just screams to be remembered in visual media. I am sharing a super quick video I found on steaming artichokes for those who are not fond of following recipes. It is just over a minute long! I love short tutorials. 🙂
MENU PLAN FOR THE WEEK.
- Monday – Clean Eating Baked Chicken Breast, Steamed New Potatoes, Steamed Artichokes, (served with Spicy Aioli) Cucumber and Watermelon Salad
- Tuesday – Potato Boats – Kind of like taco Tuesday, but with Cincinnati Chili and other fun toppings.
- Wednesday – Leftovers! I can’t begin to tell you how much money you can save eating up leftovers from the fridge.
- Thursday – Crockpot Turkey Breast, Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans
- Friday – Dinner Out
- Saturday – Pizza at Home and a Movie Night
- Sunday – Turkey Bolognese with Gluten Free Pasta, Greek Salad and Plums as a treat.
CLEANING LIST FOR THE WEEK
- Monday – Deep Clean Kitchen – Choose wisely on major appliance or area to deep clean. This I suggest cleaning and organizing the pantry. It is so much easier to put together a quick pantry meal when the pantry is well-organized and stocked with a few staples.
- Tuesday – Bathroom – Give the bathrooms and good scrubbing, especially, tubs, showers, sinks and mirrors.
- Wednesday – Dust and Mirrors and Windows – Dust all the furniture and doodads, shine all mirrors and windows on the inside.
- Thursday – Take the Day Off Just do the Basics or Come back Thursday for our Mini-challenge.
- Friday – Organize remaining school supplies.
- Saturday – Linens and extra laundry. Don’t you love the idea of fresh smelling sheets and towels!
- Sunday – Free Day – Family Day – An opportunity for movement!
HOW TO STEAM AN ARTICHOKE
linking up with Orgjunkie.com and Tada Thursday