Island Fruit Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos
Island fruit shredded chicken tacos are sweet with a hint of heat.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Slow Coopker
- Cuisine: Mexican Carribean
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cups Island Style Fruit Salsa (see notes for other ideas)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- optional 1 teaspoon ground cayenne or 1/2 teaspoon dried ground scotch bonnet
- Place all ingredients in slow-cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain excess liquid. Shredded chicken with a fork and mix to distribute remaining sauce.
- Serve over rice or tortillas. Top with favorite toppings. Consider fresh diced mango, red cabbage, red onion, and cilantro. These pair very well with the Island Style Shredded Chicken.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two days. Freezer well.
Keywords: Island Tacos, Fruit Chicken Tacos, Slow Cooker chicken tacos, Trader Joe Tacos