Welcome to our new Mondays here on Mommacan.com. Yes, we will still have a link party from time to time but for the Spring and Summer we are going to be utilizing Monday to plan for the week to make more time for real family fun!
Our focus, Health and Happiness.
The most important thing we can do for our health is to eat good quality whole foods and to move every single day. This will instantly move up our happiness level! Happiness is many things to many people, but for our purposes we are going to work on creating balance out of chaos so that our home life is more at peace and joyful. And so here we go, first… we must organize our week with a health and happy focus. Menu planning and home management.
Don’t Stop Now! We have only just begun!
Organize Your Week:
Spend 10 minutes making a 5 meal Dinner plan for the week. Couple this with some easy pantry backups like spaghetti, mac and cheese with salad or a roast chicken from the local grocery with a couple of frozen or canned vegetable sides. Add this to your calendar or just jot it on a piece of paper.
- Monday – Chicken Pot Pie – I am making mine gluten-free, I hope it does not taste like rubber, but oh how I love a good chicken pot pie.
- Tuesday – Sloppy Joes, roasted french fries, fresh fruit slices
Wednesday – Tacos! The boys love taco night.
- Thursday – Pantry Meal
- Friday – Tuna Patties, Smashed Potatoes, Roasted Cauliflower and Watermelon and Green apple fruit salad.
- Saturday – Pantry Meal
- Sunday – Dinner Out
- Monday – Deep Clean Kitchen – Choose wisely on major appliance to deep clean. This week I am cleaning the refrigerator, next week the pantry.
- Tuesday- Bathroom – Give the bathrooms and good scrubbing, especialliy, tubs, showers, sinks and mirrors.
- Wednesday – Dust and Mirrors and Windows- Dust all the furniture and doodads, shine all mirrors and windows on the inside.
- Thursday – Vacuum or Sweet the entire house, this task can be assigned to a older child or teen. Make sure they are taught properly and that the child is monitored until he/she has mastered the task.
- Friday – Declutter- one area for 5 to 10 minutes or catch up on anything that was missed during the week. Keep it simple, Friday if for family and fun!
- Saturday – Linens and extra laundry. Don’t you love the idea of fresh smelling sheets and towels!
- Sunday – Family Day
Inspiration for the Week:
Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.
Spend some time outside with the family this week, bring a sketchbook or two and some colored pencils, leave your cellphones in your pockets and focus on the children as they explore the world they will inheirt.
Have a wonderful week!
We are life organizing here at Mommacan.com one week at a time! Cheers to health and happiness!
Link Up with Orgjunkie.com – because more meu plans make it fun!