Recipe: Summer Corn Salad
½ red bell pepper or 1 cup diced
½ medium red onion thinly sliced
2 small Persian cucumbers thinly sliced
4 ears of corn (you can use leftovers from the grill, raw or microwave each shucked ear for 1 minute a piece.)
1 to 2 jalapenos seeded and chopped fine
1 large clove of garlic chopped fine
2 tablespoons of good olive oil
the juice of 1 and ½ limes
2 tablespoons ground coriander
salt and pepper to taste ( I personally do not add salt.)
1. Slice the kernels of the cob. You can use a bundt pan to hold the ear steady and catch the kernels. I like to slice it pretty close to the cob to get nice chunks of corn. They kind of look like little corn planks.
2. Add the corn, pepper, onion and cucumbers to a medium-sized bowl and toss a bit. The colors are so bright and pretty.
3. For the vinaigrette:
In a small bowl add the jalapenos, garlic, lime juice, coriander and mix well. Give the pepper grinder a couple of turn on to the mix and stir up again. Remember if you have 2 jalapenos it is going to get pretty spicy so careful on the pepper.
4. Pour the vinaigrette on to the corn salad and mix gently to keep from breaking up the corn planks.
5. Put in the refrigerator to let everything marry up for a bit.
6. Serve cold with along side grilled chicken or whatever. This salad rocks.
Recipe by yours truly: I seldom follow recipe books so writing this down was a real task for me! My gal friends are always asking me for a recipe and so I am proud as punch I measured the whole lot!