Super Easy Kid Friendly Crockpot Corn Chowder
1 16 oz organic frozen corn
1 medium onion finely chopped
5 pieces cooked to a crisp nitrate free turkey bacon
1 carton Imagine Organic Low Sodium Creamy Harvest Corn Soup
3 large baking potatoes
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Sauté onion until translucent, this will disguise them from picky eaters. If your children are like little detectives then try grating the onion on a stand up cheese grater.
- Crumble the bacon small enough to not cause a chocking hazard and if you have really young children you can just add the turkey bacon as a garnish for the adults’ bowls when it is served.
- Wash, peel and cube the three baking potatoes taking care to keep them bite-sized as proof that it is a potato for the picky-eaters.
- Place the onion, bacon, potatoes, frozen corn and carton of Imagine Organic Low Sodium Creamy Harvest Corn Soup into the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours checking for tenderness in the potatoes.
- Finish it off with a dash of crushed red pepper for the adults and offer the children toasted whole-grain bread triangles for dipping.
My little guy loves corn, potatoes, and bacon and he had a hand in voting not to add minced garlic. So, this recipe is part his. I give credit where credit is due. *smile*
This recipe uses nitrate free bacon because that is part of my goals for the month and the year to remove nitrate as much as possible from my family’s diet.
You can check out the new Get Healthy Jumpt Start Printable Here