Our Fresh Mint and Cilantro Melon Salad Recipe is refreshing and easy to make. The sweet melon, with fresh herbs and lemon, are simple but delicious. This is a perfect salad for summer!
Fresh Mint and Cilantro Melon Salad
Who doesn’t enjoy a nice juicy slice of watermelon in the summer? And sometimes, when the season is good, a bowl of fresh watermelon and honeydew or___ melon can be the sweetest summer treat a girl can eat.
I love any kind of melon in the summer. I also live the abundance of fresh herbs that are available to add a layer of bright flavor to any dish. I fell in love with combining fresh green herbs when I had my first Lebanese Fattoush salad. It was parsley and mint and it was in abundance with sliced romaine, celery and cucumbers. The flavors bursted on the palate with fresh herbs, vegetables and lovely tart lemon juice.
I knew the moment I sliced into my first summer melon that I had to make something wonderful that would include fresh herbs and lemon. All are in abundance for a very long season in California and they are just exquisite together in a salad.
his post contains some affiliate links for your convenience! Read my full disclosure policy.
My fresh mint, cilantro and melon salad recipe might be a stretch the melon purist, but I think you will love it!
Ingredients for Fresh Mint and Cilantro Melon Salad
- Melon: Use fresh seedless watermelon and a sweet canary or honeydew. I love the canary melons; they are probably the sweetest melon you will ever eat. So scrumptious, and although the honeydew has an easier texture for cutting the canary makes this salad taste amazing!
- Lemons – The juice of a half-lemon brightens the flavor of this dish. If you are truly a lemon-lover, then add more. I like Myer Lemons best for juicing.
- Fresh Cilantro and Mint – Often you can find these green herbs fresh cut at the farmer’s market. Several groceries have living mint for sale, which is wonderful!
- Olive Oil – A hint of olive oil. Just enough to capture all the flavors. It really helps made the dish!
You can add salt and pepper if you like. I am a Southern cook and we typically will add salt to anything that has lemon juice. However, it is optional and a taste preference.
This salad comes together quickly and hold well for up to two days in the fridge but is best served fresh!
If you love good salad recipes also check these out:
- Broccoli Apple Pecan Salad with Honey Dressing
- Cranberry Sunshine Salad with Tons Of Good Fruit
- Hawaiian Inspired Coleslaw
Let make some fresh mint and cilantro melon salad!
- Add Canary melon and watermelon cubes to bowl
- Toss with olive oil, lemon juice mint, and cilantro.
- Sprinkle with salt
Serve immediately or chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 1g