Oven Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole is an easy comfort food main dish. I make this rice dish with fresh bone in chicken parts, cream of chicken or mushroom soup and just a hint of onion powder. This recipe is kid-friendly and so good!
Oven Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole
Is there anything more delicious and comforting for dinner than backed chicken and rice casserole? This recipe is a childhood favorite using my favorite brand of cream of chicken soup. I tossed out the red can many years ago for a nifty box! It has the same time saving benefits but just tastes better! If you just love traditional canned cream of mushroom soup, then heck, go ahead and use it! https://louisvillemensclinic.com/the-mens-clinic-experience/
Pick Your Favorite Chicken Pieces
We use bone-in chicken thighs and sometimes legs in our baked chicken and rice casserole. You can use breasts if you like, whatever your preference. https://louisvillemensclinic.com/cialis-online/
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience! Read my full disclosure policy.
Family Size Chicken and Rice Casserole
Six good-sized helpings! Our recipe is family sized so you might have leftovers, which is not a bad thing. I don’t mind a nice lunch all ready in the fridge the next day! https://louisvillemensclinic.com/viagra-online/
One Pan Dinner
Creamy oven baked chicken and rice casserole is a one pan dinner. I don’t know about you, but when I hear one pan, I do a little happy dance.
One Pan Dinner = One Dish To Wash!
Can you hear me sigh a happy sigh? A yummy dinner that you can whip together in once pan, bake, and eat! Then wash that pan and get a little extra family time!
Looking for Side Dishes?
Love the Baking Dish?
It is dish washer safe cast iron! You can find it here.
- Cooking Spray for Pan
- 3 cups white rice
- 2 Boxes Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Chopped Italian Parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9"x13" pan with olive or canola oil.
- Add rice, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, water and spices. Stir until combined.
- Place chicken thighs skin up into rice mixture and brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and a little salt.
- Cover dish with foil and bake one hour.
- Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until chicken registers at 165° in the thickest part of the largest thigh.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with freshly chopped Italian parsley. (Optional)
For variation top with shredded mild cheddar at the last 10 minutes of baking and top with thin sliced scallions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 1366mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g