What’s For Supper #97 is all about Comfort Cooking at Home. Each week I share what we are having for supper at Momma’s house to get you excited about planning meals for your own family at home.
What’s For Supper #97 Comfort Cooking at Home
Sometimes you just need a little comfort food. The world gets a little crazy around September for busy families. The new fall schedule suddenly takes on a life of its own. It seems juggling sports, music lessons, and homework gets more stress-filled every year.
Putting on a pot of spaghetti, toasting some garlic bread in the oven and pouring a glass of wine for you while watching the kids finally settle down after an afternoon of chaos is a beautiful thing.
Taking advantage of one-pan meals and your slow cooker is essential during early fall when families are just adjusting to the new schedule for the school year.
And that my sweet friends, is what is for supper this week at Momma’s House! Good, old comfort food.
So grab your cozy slippers, a mug of cocoa, and your pen and paper and let’s plan dinner this week. Read what our suggestions are and then create your own list. Don’t forget to include at least one comfort food that your family loves.
Dinner planning should not be a struggle, but an extension of love to your family. ~ Pam List
Comfort Cooking at Home Menu Plan
- Monday – Easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs with your favorite pasta.
- Tuesday – Kid-Friendly Corn Chowder and Vegetable Crudites
- Wednesday – One Pan Dinner – Whole Roasted Chicken With Corn and Potatoes
- Thursday – Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket, with Creamy Mashed Potatoes, and a Green salad.
- Friday – 2-ingredient Pizza dough with, sauce and a choice of toppings. Don’t forget the veggies! If you are not keen on making your own dough, then just buy a store-bought crust and enjoy your half-way homemade comfort food pizzas with your family!
- Saturday – Cook’s Night Off – DIY Sandwich Night or Dinner Out
- Sunday – Easy Turkey Sloppy Joes with chips and restaurant-style chipotle salsa. The salsa is so good!
Happy Home 101 is our made for your private Facebook Group. We will have the menu plan and recipe post each week along with free, happy daily docket planner! Members get early access to the menu plan!
I have something super special planned in September!
Don’t miss out! Join Happy Home 101 today!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST BELOW! GET DINNER IDEAS EACH WEEK!
I hope you found some good ideas for supper this week. I am working like a busy bee to grow these meal plans into something that will help families have wonderful food on the table without breaking the budget.
Sign up for our free newsletter and grab access to lots of free goodies. Details below.
Need more Menu Planning Ideas? Check out our many yummy meal planning ideas here! What’s For Supper? Menu Planning for Busy Families