We are on day two of our Happy Mom Days! 10 Days of Taking Care of You!
We are working our way up to the best Mother’s Day ever!
When was the last time you really took a moment just to enjoy the life you have?
A moment to soak up the sun, think about all you have been blessed with in this life and just dream about the future.
Today is the day.
Our list for Happy Mom Days is one of important business and several of just plain fun and relaxation.
1. Take out your day planner or calendar and you contact or address book. For most of you this will probably be on a computer or phone. Now, I know this might be very difficult for the ultra-busy moms but it simple must be done. If you are up to date on this task, then you are of the very few. I questioned as many moms as I could that I personally know and out of about 53 only 4 were caught up on all of the medical related check-ups.
Task for the Day! Make these Appointments!
- Make a general practitioner or the equivalent appointment for a regular check-up.
- Make a Gynecologist appointment and make sure you get schedule for a mammogram if you are in need.
- Make a dental appointment.
- Make an eye appointment.
- Make any appointments you need for your children and other people under you care.
Whew…. I know breaking up our schedule for these much-needed tasks can be very challenging for busy moms. However, when you speak to a mom who has had breast cancer and chemo you will realize that just getting a check-up is a walk in the park.
Plus: You deserve great health and to keep it you need to get it checked.
2. Mindful Moments – Mindful means”being in the present moment”.
Here is a simple article in mindfulness.
10 Tips to Start Being Mindful Now
My thoughts: I feel that taking a few minutes a day to “just be” is a very healthful practice. It is not really mediation but quietly being.
I kind of get into the “mindful zone” when I am just spending time in prayer. Not the prayer time where I ask for miracles, guidance and help for myself,the people I love and the world in general,
but just spending time with Him.
Task for the day! I encourage you, as busy moms, to give it a try. Mindful moments are an excellent way to learn to relax and “just be” even in the most difficult time of our lives.
3. Task for the day! Carve out time for the things you love. Make sure you mark it in the calendar and find at least 15 minutes today to enjoy a few on this list or perhaps something that you can dream up! The sky is the limit.
Work on your favorite hobby.
Sing with your full voice you favorite music.
Read a good book.
Try some great chocolate or good cheese.
Learn a new recipe.
Take a quiet walk in the park.
Call a girlfriend you have been meaning to catch-up with and never have the time.
Go to a good film, even if it is just you, the screen and a bucket of popcorn.
(I always miss the films with real people, but see all the animated films. Why? Because I am a mom.)
So three tasks for the day! Tomorrow we will visit our girly side!
Have a wonderful day moms!
Leave a Reply