Our tip of the week is homemade baked potato chips. Yum-tastic
This week on the menu I am slow-cooking turkey thighs in bulk to create some packets of shredded meat for the freezer. Turkey thighs are great for bbq sandwiches, stuffed potatoes and enchiladas. They are flavorful and inexpensive. I am also spending some time organizing in the bathroom and decorating a bit for Memorial Day which I keep up to honor my father through the fourth of July. I hope you have a very good week and my words of advice to keep it organized are as follows.
Make a Plan, Create a list, and Get good sleep and hydrate. These are simple ways to get things done and take care of you.
Don’t miss our how to video for the week, I am making this recipe with my youngest son and hoping it turns out yummy using half the oil. We use avocado oil.
MENU PLAN FOR THE WEEK
- MONDAY – Potluck at Church – I volunteered to bring salad and fruit. This is how I will stay on my WHOLE 30 at this gathering!
- TUESDAY – Turkey Burgers, Baked Fries, Salad
- WEDNESDAY – Leftover Burgers and Turkey Chili, Cherry Pepper Slaw
- THURSDAY – Slow Cooker Turkey Thighs, Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes and Sliced Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- FRIDAY – DIY – Make it yourself, mom needs a break, family at home movie night!
- SATURDAY – Indian – at our local favorite place. YUM
- SUNDAY – BBQ Chicken breast, Paleo Crunch Cabbage, Fruit Kabobs
CLEANING LIST FOR THE WEEK
Monday – Deep Clean Kitchen – Choose wisely on major appliance or area to deep clean.
Tuesday – Bathroom – Give the bathrooms and good scrubbing, especially, tubs, showers, sinks and mirrors.
Wednesday – Dust and Mirrors and Windows
Thursday – Room of the Week – Master Bathroom – Clean out and Organize master bathroom cabinets.
Friday – Declutter-one area for 5 to 10 minutes or catch up on anything that was missed during the week. Keep it simple, Friday is for family and fun!
Saturday – Linens and extra laundry. Don’t you love the idea of fresh smelling sheets and towels!
Sunday – Free Day – Family Day – If the day is Sunny and pretty we are taking a long family walk and then celebrating family birthdays!
TIP OF THE WEEK
How to make Homemade Baked Potato Chips – Give this recipe alternative a try. It does require a mandoline. I like this one. It works and does not break the bank. I use mine a ton in the summer for cucumber salad as well. 🙂