Organizing a Teen Room – Encouraging our Teens and Tweens to keep their space nice and tidy. This is our focus for the week. With many kids out of school for summer break it is a super time and it is NEVER to early to start decluttering, organizing, decorating and updating your children’s rooms, especially teens and tweens. Look forward in the weeks to come tips on organizing, products that make it fun and tons of ideas and examples. Now on to the menu and cleaning list for the week!
MENU PLAN FOR THE WEEK
- MONDAY – Leftover Grilled Chicken from Sunday BBQ, Greek Style Potatoes and Strawberries for dessert.
- TUESDAY – Kitchen Sink Pasta (Recipe coming soon) and watermelon for desert
- WEDNESDAY – Bun Free Burgers with guacamole, baked sweet potato fries and broccoli salad with apples leftovers, yum!!
- THURSDAY – Grilled Steak, salad and apple slices with nut butter and honey as a treat.
- FRIDAY – Dinner Out
- SATURDAY – Salad Bar Supper – Lots of choices and lots of Health!
- SUNDAY – Family BBQ – Grilled Chicken thighs, grilled carrots and eggplant, and cucumber and tomato salad.
CLEANING LIST FOR THE WEEK
Monday – Deep Clean Kitchen – Choose wisely on major appliance or area to deep clean.
Tuesday – Bathroom – Give the bathrooms and good scrubbing, especially, tubs, showers, sinks and mirrors.
Wednesday – Dust and Mirrors and Windows
Thursday – Clean light fixtures in master bedroom and the master bathroom. I use this product.
Friday – Declutter-one area for 5 to 10 minutes or catch up on anything that was missed during the week. Keep it simple, Friday is for family and fun!
Saturday – Linens and extra laundry. Don’t you love the idea of fresh smelling sheets and towels!
Sunday – Free Day – Family Day –You pick your favorite, summer is nearly hear and it is really time to start planning several choices for family fun days!
Organizing A Teen Room
TIP OF THE WEEK – Cleaning My Room Tips and Tricks – by Emma Catherine.
This short video is a reminder that often times we ask our teens to clean their room, but we really mean… PUT YOUR STUFF AWAY! Something so simple can be like pulling teeth. I love Emma, she is not wearing fifty pounds of makeup and her room is a simple design that can be an inspiration for organization for even the smallest budget. Watch and learn moms and dads. At home this week we are taking steps to organize our tweens room and if you have a teen at home I highly suggest doing so before summer get so busy that you run out of time. Organizing a teen room should be a positive experience to share with your children and is a great learning experience to prepare them for living in a dorm later on or their first apartment.
Enjoy the video!
Linking up with: