Momma Olympics – Heart and Home Edition
The Kitchen Pantry
Cleanliness is very important. If you let kids make a total mess in the kitchen and then leave, you’re not really teaching them anything.
Organize the Kitchen Pantry Fast!
The kitchen pantry can either be a tool that helps with organized kitchen flow or it can be a place of mild stress that keeps us guessing and cursing as we make dinner each night.
Today we are going to tackle the kitchen pantry in three easy steps!
Grab a trash can and drag it to the pantry, toss out old stuff, questionable stuff. Donate what you will not use that would be serviceable to a homeless or people in need food pantry.
Take everything out and clean each shelf, make sure to dust first or it will just cause extra work. I use a microfiber cloth to dust and then a damp rag to clean finishing with a dry towel to buff. As long as you clean the pantry every couple of months or so this should be enough to do the trick.
Organize the shelves grouping like items together and placing small seasoning packets in a basket or bin so that do not get lost in the shuffle.
This Simple Daily Challenge is worth 100 points in our Momma Olympics! Woot!
New Here??? Here are the Momma-Olympics Game Rules and Point System.
Here are the game rules: Simply grab a pad and paper and add up the points your earn for each of the items listed below. You get points for general housework as well as points for Simple Daily Challenges that will be posted throughout Momma-Olympics and our focus for this event is Heart and Home with a dash of Back To School. You can share you tallied up points at the end of the day in comments or on Facebook
How many points can you earn each day during the Momma Olympics? As many as your heart desires and time allows!
- Make a bed. =10 points
- Clean bathroom sink, quick clean-up of the toilet bowl and wipe bathroom countertop. = 25 points.
- Load of Dishes = 25 points
- Load of Laundry = 25 points
- Vacuum, sweep, or mop a floor. = 25 points
- Take out Trash = 5 points per bag or can.
- Plan and make breakfast or lunch. = 10 points
- Plan and Make dinner one night.= 25 points
- Clutter Donate or Toss it Away! = 1 point per item flung or donated. <<<<<—— MY FAVORITE
- Clean kitchen sink and wipe down counters = 25 points
- Home Office Management = 100 points for 15 minutes (finances, meal planning and scheduling)
- Healthy You – 25 points for daily exercise or movement and 25 points for daily meal tracking.
- Simple Daily Challenges = Up to three per day for 100 points each.
Have a Rocking Day!
Leave a Reply