Momma Olympics – Heart and Home Edition
The Kitchen – The Refrigerator
My mom had Julia Child and ‘The Fannie Farmer Cookbook’ on top of the refrigerator,
and she had a small repertoire of French dishes.
There is something so personal about a refrigerator. It not only houses the foods we love and enjoy, keeping veggies crisp and milk cold it many times holds our children’s art, photos of interesting cars and comics and coupon clippins from the Sunday paper. It is as unique as the personality of our family. The one common ground that all refrigerators hold is that they get pretty messy on the inside despite how careful we are to wipe up spills as we go.
Today we are tackling the refrigerator!
Let’s Get Started:
Simple Daily Challenge – 100 points!
- Empty the all contents of refrigerator/freezer and please throw away the old and icky stuff.
- Wipe down shelves with a damp microfiber towel or scrub it with a bit of baking soda and a scratch-proof sponge, then rinse with clean water.
- Dry the shelves with a clean cloth.
- Replace items in a logical order. (my personal weak spot)
- Give the front of the refrigerator a good cleaning with a cleaning product that matches the material on the outside paying particular attention to the handles because they get pretty gross.
- You may need to defrost the freezer, if so then schedule this in on a day you make time for the entire process.
New Here??? Here are the Momma-Olympics Game Rules and Point System.
Here are the game rules: Simply grab a pad and paper and add up the points your earn for each of the items listed below. You get points for general housework as well as points for Simple Daily Challenges that will be posted throughout Momma-Olympics and our focus for this event is Heart and Home with a dash of Back To School. You can share you tallied up points at the end of the day in comments or on Facebook
How many points can you earn each day during the Momma Olympics? As many as your heart desires and time allows!
- Make a bed. =10 points
- Clean bathroom sink, quick clean-up of the toilet bowl and wipe bathroom countertop. = 25 points.
- Load of Dishes = 25 points
- Load of Laundry = 25 points
- Vacuum, sweep, or mop a floor. = 25 points
- Take out Trash = 5 points per bag or can.
- Plan and make breakfast or lunch. = 10 points
- Plan and Make dinner one night.= 25 points
- Clutter Donate or Toss it Away! = 1 point per item flung or donated. <<<<<—— MY FAVORITE
- Clean kitchen sink and wipe down counters = 25 points
- Home Office Management = 100 points for 15 minutes (finances, meal planning and scheduling)
- Healthy You – 25 points for daily exercise or movement and 25 points for daily meal tracking.
- Simple Daily Challenges = Up to three per day for 100 points each.
Have a Rocking Day!