We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
Today I encourage you to observe your surroundings taking care to experience at least one new thing. We need to learn more, explore more, see more and do more to fully enjoy the simple experience of being human. We are not only caregivers, mothers and fathers, but we are individuals and are naturally drawn to things we have not seen, touched or heard.
- Read a new book or magazine.
- Try a new Yoga move.
- Walk in a park you have never visited.
- Explore a new language.
- Try a new hobby.
The Sky Is The Limit
Take 15 minutes and make your bedroom shine. 100 points
- Make the bed.
- Dust the furniture.
- Put away clutter.
- vacuum or sweep the floors.
Remember we are in the midst of our Momma Olympics The Heart and Home Edition.
The game points are optional, but can make our usual routines a bit more fun.
Here are the game rules: Simply grab a pad and paper and add up the points your earn for each of the items listed below. You get points for general housework as well as points for Simple Daily Challenges that will be posted throughout Momma-Olympics and our focus for this event is Heart and Home with a dash of Back To School. You can share you tallied up points at the end of the day in comments or on Facebook
How many points can you earn each day during the Momma Olympics? As many as your heart desires and time allows!
- Make a bed. =10 points
- Clean bathroom sink, quick clean-up of the toilet bowl and wipe bathroom countertop. = 25 points.
- Load of Dishes = 25 points
- Load of Laundry = 25 points
- Vacuum, sweep, or mop a floor. = 25 points
- Take out Trash = 5 points per bag or can.
- Plan and make breakfast or lunch. = 10 points
- Plan and Make dinner one night.= 25 points
- Clutter Donate or Toss it Away! = 1 point per item flung or donated. <<<<<—— MY FAVORITE
- Clean kitchen sink and wipe down counters = 25 points
- Home Office Management = 100 points for 15 minutes (finances, meal planning and scheduling)
- Healthy You – 25 points for daily exercise or movement and 25 points for daily meal tracking.
- Simple Daily Challenges = Up to three per day for 100 points each.
These challenges can be tallied up daily and then a complete tally at the end of the Mom Olympic Challenge.