Slow Down Enjoy Your Life
Welcome to the 40 Day Clutter Challenge. Today our challenge is focussed on the garage and storage room clutter and making time to slow down enjoy your life.
If you are new here today – please feel free to read on or visit our starting page at
Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.
Garage and Storage Room Clutter
Today’s challenge is in the garage and storage rooms. These rooms contain many things other than cars and yard rakes. They contain long-forgotten moments or intentions. Roller skates of my youth come to mind, they were pink and plastic and did not work very well, but I remember my brother holding my hand so that I could stand upright, holding me steady on what would have been a cement driveway disaster.
Garages hold bicycles, tennis rackets, golf clubs, kites, art supplies, old record players, tools used by our grandfathers and holiday decorations that we always intend to use again but never seem to find the time.
Garages and storage rooms hold good intentions. Here are some of mine.
- I intended to lift weights every day to take better bare of myself.
- I intended to take my son(s) on a family picnic and kite flying day…. every year until they were too old to go with their parents.
- I intended to learn to play golf better so that I could hand out one afternoon a month with my husband with no kids… just he and I and the California blue skies.
- I intended to use that brand new Sizzix die cut machine and finish up scrapbooks for the boys.
The list is endless. I encourage you all to write down honestly what you would love to do and slow down and take time to do those things.
Slow Down and Enjoy Your Life By Creating Time For Memories
I mean it. Write those wishes into your calendar as actions. Life swiftly moves, and as captains of our kitchen and our homes, we have the authority to say YES! We are also captains of the family calendar. Set aside time today to discuss adding these special memory making items on your family calendar with your Chief Mate aka, your spouse/partner. You are going to be surprised how a cranky, opinionated teenager will come around to family-time when it is set in stone.
- Yes, to add more exercise to our day and our family’s day.
- Yes to family picnics and silly outdoor games of horseshoes.
- Yes to flying the most beautiful kite in the world and watching it soar through the sky.
- Yes to an afternoon of dad playing golf with kept promises ice cream after supper.
We also can release what good intentions no longer have a place in our lives.
Download our free workbook to help keep you motivated throughout the 40 Day Clutter-Challenge. Totally free to subscribers of our totally awesome newsletter!
Make Time To Slow Down Enjoy Your Life
QUESTIONS: What items of good intentions do you have stored? How can you slow down enjoy your life?
FOOD FOR THOUGHT – Family garages and storage rooms hold so many well-intentioned articles (bikes, outdoor games, art supplies, kites) that may not need to be discarded but renewed and used in this beautiful time of the year, and yes cold winter afternoons are beautiful too. Take some time and carve out on your family calendar a couple of days a month to create some memories with these well-intentioned items.
Garage and Storage Room Clutter
CHALLENGE: Tidy, clean and organize the garage or storage room for 20 minutes or less. Remember your goal of getting rid of 12 items by donating, discarding or passing it off to a friend in need. ( think outgrown ball gloves and bicycles)
Have a beautiful day and remember, “Stop and smell the roses.” Slow Down Enjoy Your Life!
Copyright: wavebreakmediamicro / 123RF Stock Photo