I am encouraged by the progress I have achieved in revamping my GTD system in the past few weeks. I know in my heart there is a whole bunch more to work on, but progress is progress.
I hope if any of you are even the slightest bit interested in GTD you will work along with me this week on the Someday/Maybe list.
What is the Someday/Maybe list?
The Someday/Maybe list is just anything zooming around in your head that is not on your priority list to accomplish in the very near future. This could be painting the bedroom, finally trying out that new salon that everyone is raving about, books to read, adventures to take, things to learn, recipes to try and the list could go on and on.
I find myself cringing a bit when I walk through my home and think to myself:
- Wow, there are some many fingerprints on the walls the only way to zap all those would be to pain the entire house.
- The gate outside has been acting funny for months but when am I going to find time to get it fixed or even find out how much money it will take to get it fixed.
- I wish I had a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.
- Little Guy’s room is a disaster zone. How can I change it up to simplify the clean-up process?
- I need to set up the old computer for the family to learn Spanish without having to use my computer all the time.
The list could go on for days and days.
The Someday/ Maybe list the feeling equivalent to the Brawny man showing up at your door to clean your entire house, complete astounding joyous wonder. That is the feeling I receive when I start writing it all down on the Someday/Maybe list. It is a bit empowering to have it all in front of you on a piece of paper or a computer document.
And the crazy part is that once you have it written down these wishes and dreams can actually take root and some of them actually get accomplished!
But the first step is to get it all out of your head. Yes, it would be lovely to blink your eyes like Samantha on Bewitched and get it all done in an instant. But that is not going to happen and we all know it.
I encourage you to start you Someday/Maybe list, you will be amazed at what you have been holding in your head all this time and some day you will find a little bit of time to move an item from that Someday/Maybe list into your project list and won’t that be the best darn feeling?
Simple Daily Challenge: Spend 5 minutes today working on your Someday/Maybe list.