I knew I needed to do something about my junk drawer when I asked my son to grab the scissors out to cut open his newest Lego box. I could hear him open it and then there was silence. Me: Did you find the scissors? Son: I don’t think we have scissors any more momma! The only thing in here is stuff. Me: *sigh*
And that really is what a nice handy extra drawer in the kitchen ends up turning into in the course of a life with a family. It happens without any real cause.
1. You are tidying up the kitchen and you discover a toy car and really don’t want to walk up the stairs to put it in the car bucket.
2. You have an extra pack of batteries and don’t want to walk down into the garage to store them in the spare freezer.
3. Oldest son gets a new cell phone… old one goes straight into the…..
4. Husband doesn’t like the cheap golf balls he was given at Christmas…..
5. You hung a picture on the bathroom wall 8 months ago so the box of nails goes straight to the….
And that is pretty much how it happens. Your hand dandy spare kitchen drawer is now the junk drawer. Until one day, you can’t roll it shut. It suddenly becomes the junk drawer that won’t close.
Does this sound familiar? Don’t you want you handy-dandy kitchen drawer back?
Today’s Simple Daily Challenge is to declutter, organize and clean the junk drawer of your choice. Mine is pictured above and I am not really ashamed, just mildly embarrassed. Take five minutes and tidy up your junk drawer. See how close you can get to bringing it back to its old handy-dandy self.
Leave a Reply