Chicken For Dinner!
Hi, friends, happy new week! Well, it is really happening. Summer break is ending and school is beginning. It has been a peaceful break. I wish it could be longer. I am right now looking for one last family outing before official school starts. Orientation is this week, a two-day adventure with a promised pizza lunch. School days are crazy busy. We actually reduced extracurricular activities but even reduced it is still a hand full. I need to put a new calendar on the wall, but that makes it so final. No more sleeping in for my teenager. He is going to be super bummed. However, the excitement of planning meals in the season of chaos excites the inner food-lover in me. We have chicken for dinner several times. It is budget friendly and everyone in the family loves chicken.
Have your tried monthly grocery shopping?
Just this morning I am working on simple shredded chicken recipe ideas and ways to prep veggies for the week. I am determined to practice once a month shopping this year, and that takes mega planning. If you have not checked out our grocery shopping cheat sheet, I highly recommend it for saving money and time! Find information here.
Another big help for Back to School is our yearly organizing project. It is now a free 7-Day Ecourse here on Mommacan.com You can find it here.
Without any more chatter, here is our menu plan for the week. P.S.
We Love Having Chicken For Dinner
- Monday – Shredded Chicken Tacos- I am working this recipe and will share it next week. We live in Southern California, and chicken tacos are serious here. I had the best at a local place Bobbi’s in Camarillo, California. I am so determined to make chicken that moist and delicious. It is seriously good if you are in the area ever check them out. I will serve ours at home with fresh grape salad. A blend of green leave shredded lettuce, thinly sliced sweet onion, sliced grapes and a honey lime vinaigrette.
- Tuesday – Slowcooker Frozen Turkey Meatballs – I suddenly ended up with an enormous amount of A-1 sauce, Costco I love you. I am going to jazz it up with some grape real fruit spread and local honey. We serve ours with rice and salad. It seems ridiculously silly, but we love it and its cheap good eats. (save leftovers for turkey meatball sliders in Hawaiian Rolls, so good!)
- Wednesday – I am taking the leftover shredded chicken and making a Chicken and rice casserole. I use Organic Cream of Mushroom and it makes a huge difference in taste. I am serving it with Cucumber, Onion, Tomato Salad, which is a family favorite.
- Thursday – DIY Baked Potato Bar. I have leftover shredded beef from the Instant Pot and will most likely have more shredded chicken left for the bird-eating lovers in the family. Add some shredded cheddar, green onion, sour cream, and whatever else I can find in the fridge and dinner is done. The boys can have ice cream from the freezer as a treat.
- Friday – Dinner Out I have a real hankering for Indian Food.
- Saturday – Chicken Sheet Pan Supper with extra green beans. I love green beans. Seriously, my favorite recipe is enough for a crowd but I secretly just keep the leftovers in the fridge and eat them for the next three lunches.
- Sunday – DIY Dinner – We are meeting up in the family room with our TV trays and a pitcher of Mango, Guava Punch. I am making some fresh salsa and the boys can make a sandwich. We need a solid family night because school starts soon!
Our salad this week will be filled with juicy grapes and was inspired by this amazing citrus salad recipe. The vinaigrette recipe can be found here with the amazing citrus sunshine salad.
Please have a super week everyone! I hope you can use our menu plan as inspiration for your family meals this week! We love having dinner at home, it saves tons of money and gives lots of opportunity for family time! I would love to hear about your favorite chicken dishes! Please share in the comments or send an email to pamela (at) mommacan.com.
Don’t forget to check out our motivational Instagram page! Just for busy wonderful moms! https://www.instagram.com/mommacanmoms/
Need more ideas? Check out orgjunkie.com