I am kicking off a 7 Day Sugar Detox this week and part of next! The best part about sugar detox! No counting points, calories, or carbs! I just love it.
This post may contain affiliate links. It adds no cost to you but keeps this blog alive and ticking. See my full disclosure here.
7 Day Sugar Detox Weekly Meal Plan
Happy Monday! This week I am kicking off a 7 Day-Sugar Detox using the principles from Dr. Hyman’s Best Selling book! I loved it when I was slimming down for my son’s wedding. After several weeks of working extra hard on the blog and my day job in graphic design, I have been feeling pretty sluggish. This Detox usually gives me a pretty good start to feel like my old self. And heck, losing a couple of pounds would be awesome! Desk jobs are the worse for those of us who struggle with some “wiggle in their middle”!
Here is a highlight of the book:
Dr. Hyman’s 10 Day Sugar Detox presents strategies for reducing insulin levels and producing fast and sustained weight loss. He explains how to: activate your natural ability to burn fat, especially belly fat; reduce inflammation; reprogram your metabolism; shut off your fat-storing genes; de-bug your digestive system; create effortless appetite control, and soothe the stress to shed the pounds.
I had great success slimming down for the wedding, and unfortunately, I sprained my ankle and was not very active during the months of healing. Fingers crossed that I will have the same success this time!
I will not lie Y’all I need this! I feel like a slug on a rug. I just wonder if my youngest son will notice when all the “treats” and bread is missing from the cabinet! I just can’t allow it to be in the house! The first three days are the toughest!
Are you ready for a feel-good week! Join Me!
Remember never start a diet or exercise program without your doctor’s consent.
Here is our meal plan for the week!
7 Day Sugar Detox Meal Plan
- Monday – Slow Cooker Turkey Breast, Greek Style Green Beans, Rice for the boys. (Portion freezing leftovers)
- Tuesday- Slow Cooker Poached Chicken Breast, Cucumber, Onion and Tomato Salad and Leftover rice for the boys.
- Wednesday- Taco Salad from the 10 Day Detox Cookbook. (page 124) We are subbing the flank steak with leftover chicken breast. Strawberries for an after dinner treat.
- Thursday – Turkey Chili minus the beans, green salad, and kiwi slices for a treat. ( Making extras for a dinner next week and a couple of quick lunches)
- Friday – Leftover turkey breast coconut curry sauce with red pepper strips and mushrooms, steamed spinach for me and rice for the boys.
- Saturday – Dinner Out
- Sunday – Grilled Flank Steak over a Tomato and Fennel salad with yummy vinegar and olive oil dressing.
What do you think about this menu plan? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @mommacan recipes with #mommacan, while you’re at it…I love to see your pics!
Need more Menu Planning Ideas? Check out our many yummy meal planning ideas here! What’s For Supper? Menu Planning for Busy Families