Our slow cooker boneless skinless chicken breast recipe is a must-have recipe. Use this recipe in your favorite salad for added protein or in yummy casseroles and soups! Perfecto! Freeze leftovers for future meals.
Slow Cooker Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
I make this Slow Cooker Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast once a week to have on hand for salads, casseroles, and soups for the week. It is so simple to make and can easily become part of anyone’s weekly meal prep.
How to Cook Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast in a slow cooker?
Cooking chicken breast in the slow cooker is easy. I place chicken in one layer inside your slow cooker. For a family of two to three, a 4qt slow cooker can do the trick. For a family of 4 to 6 an oval 6qt Crock Pot works best. I invested in the All-Clad Slow Cooker because I can saute vegetables and sear meats in the same slow cooker. I have not tried using the Instant Pot as a slow cooker but will update this post as soon as I test it several times. You will need to order the glass lid to use the Instant Pot as a slow cooker.
How long does it take to cook skinless boneless chicken breast in a slow cooker?
Cooking thawed chicken breast in a single layer in your slow cooker takes three hours. Timing may vary depending on the size of your slow cooker to how many single layer chicken breast you are cooking. I use a digital thermometer to check the interior temperature at three hours. Chicken breast should register at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
My favorite recipes to use boneless chicken breast.
A boneless chicken breast is perfect in a variety of dishes. Here are my personal favorites.
- Cobb Salad – Chopped Romaine Lettuce, Diced Fresh Tomato or sliced Grape tomato, diced seeded cucumber, and Roquefort or Blue Cheese crumpled and all arranged beautifully on a plate. This is my dream salad.
- Cranberry Sunshine Citrus Salad – For protein, I add diced chicken breast to this recipe. This turns this summery salad into a meal!
- Curried Chicken Salad – This chicken salad was one of my first recipes on the blog. We loved the chicken salad so much at Whole Foods I wanted something similar to make at home. Creating my version of the recipe was a real perk when Whole Foods ended up changing the recipe and adding less chicken and more filler fruits and vegetables. Now I only make my version of Curried Chicken Salad at home!
- Simple Chicken Soup – Just add your favorite frozen vegetables, cover with chicken stock. Heat to a low boil and simmer until vegetables are tender. My favorite is adding frozen yellow squash and zucchini with sauteed onions.
- Enchiladas and other baked Mexican casseroles style dishes. For a simple Enchilada casserole, I layer much like lasagna, enchilada sauce, some finely diced white or yellow onion, shredded cheddar, and corn tortillas. Baked at 350 until heated to degrees.
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- black pepper ( Use white pepper if you have a picky eater in the house!)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Place a single layer of chicken breast into the bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder
- Cook on low for approximately 3 hours or until chicken recipe 165F on a digital thermometer.
- Enjoy with your favorite salad or recipe.
You will need to adjust the cooking time for your slow cooker, especially is using a larger oval slow cooker to cook more than 3 chicken breasts at a time.
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @mommacan recipes with #mommacan, while you’re at it…I love to see your pics!