This quick and easy Skillet Chicken Lasagna is made with rotisserie chicken and feeds a crowd. A satisfying dinner, add salad and garlic bread!
What if I told you lasagna could be made in 30 minutes and feed your whole family and even leave a portion or two for leftovers.
What if I added it had cheese, I mean cheese for days?
And then I exclaimed in an excited, two-shot espresso voice, the kids love it!
Yes, sweet friends, savory, satisfying lasagna made with good old’ store-bought rotisserie chicken and canned sauce with all the cheese in 30 minutes and easy peasy cleanup.
Skillet chicken lasagna is like a gift from semi-homemade Italian dreams and it can be yours for dinner tonight with just these few ingredients.
What’s in the recipe Momma?
- Cutie Pie- Bowtie Pasta
- Olive Oil or Real Butter
- Onion and garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- Chicken stock or heck water will do.
- Jar of Pasta Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella CheeseFresh Basil
What if I have no fresh basil?
Don’t worry about it, the cheese will make up for anything missing. (well, except maybe the pasta)
What if I have never skillet chicken lasagna or a recipe with this many ingredients?
Put on your imaginary chef hat and tada! You are a chef!
Which really means, grab all things ingredients and line them up, grab any tools you need and the big skillet. As long as you have your directions, ingredients, and tools you will be okay.
What should I serve with this lasagna?
A big green salad and maybe some garlic bread.
Okay let’s make some lasagana!
This is a quick kid-pleasing dinner for busy families.
Easy Skillet Chicken Lasagna Recipe
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you love it send me a note on Instagram or Facebook! I love to hear from you, it makes me happy!
Love this recipe? Try our amazing Sticky Spicy Chicken Legs!
- 9 ounces dry Bowtie pasta, cooked according to package direction, and drained.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter (cook’s choice)
- 1 tablespoon dry italian seasoning
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 to 3 cups skin, boned, and shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 cup water or chicken stock (stock will the dish a flavor boost)
1 jar (14 -16 ounces) of your favorite pasta sauce, we love Paul Newman’s Sockaroni
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- A handful of basil leaves, torn, chopped, or chiffonade.
- Extra ricotta for topping and a basil leaf or three to decorate for serving
- Heat the butter or olive oil in a large skillet, at least a 12 inch pan and 14 if you have one. Add onions and garlic and cook for around three minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and italian seasoning, and cook another two minutes.
- Add stock, sauce and give it a good stir and let simmer for 10 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Turn off heat and add cooked,drained pasta,Ricotta and the parmesan. Fold and combine.
- Top dish with the mozzarella and put a lid on it to help the cheese melt.
- Remove the lid, add a big scoop of Ricotta to the middle of the skillet and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Feel free to add a dash or two of hots sauce to the pasta if that is your jam. I also love adding fresh parsley with the basil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 558Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 203mgSodium: 802mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 61g