10 Day Sugar Detox Update
Hi, Friends! I am so excited to share my first-week results in the 10 Day Sugar Detox! I feeling pretty awesome! I have lost two inches on my waist, my clothes are fitting a bit looser, and best of all I am sleeping so deeply. The reason why the good night’s sleep is such a huge deal is because sleep helps you take better care of yourself. When I sleep well, I eat less and don’t find myself depending on sugar and caffeine to keep my away and on the move.
Want more information about sleep and weight loss check out this article on WebMD.
Finishing Up My First Sugar Detox
I finish up my 10 days on Wednesday but will mostly stay off the grains excluding Sunday of this week. Then next Monday I will be doing another round of the 10 Day Detox. My goal is to make this not just a detox but a way of life. However, old habits are hard to break and walking by the Pretzels at the local German restaurant is pretty tough. But fitting into my skinny jeans will sure be a joy this summer!
5- Second Rule
To keep my mind, body, and soul on track with my new Sugar Detox I have been enjoying the audible and book by Mel Robbins the 5- Second Rule. Mel gives awesome tips on how to push ourselves to be self-motivating even when we would rather just stay in bed.
It takes a certain amount of courage and fearlessness to try to change our mindset about food and how we feel about our bodies.
The 5 Second Rule: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage gives excellent advice and examples on how counting down 5-4-3-2-1 can give us that self-kick in the pants we need to get going on our goal.
We can have the best-written goals in the world, organized into fabulous binders and Excel sheets but if we don’t get up and do something NOTHING will change. The 5-second rule has helped me greatly in being successful in daily exercise and eating on Sugar Detox Plan.
Now for the Menu Plan!
- Monday – Sheet Pan Supper – Chicken Thighs, Organic Yukon Gold New Potatoes, zucchini Spears all tossed in a garlicky/olive oil marinade, baked, and then jazzed up with some fresh ground pepper and lemon juice.
- Tuesday – Taco Tuesday – We have tacos almost every week and my son just loves Taco Tuesday. We use spicy ground turkey, fresh pico de gallo, and my yummy spicy melon salsa and grass-fed cheese. So yummy! I am still on my Sugar Detox so no taco shells for this gal.
- Wednesday– DIY – Frozen leftovers and Fruit Salad made by my Jr. Chef
- Thursday – Grilled Chicken, Salad with Strawberries and Crescent Dragonwagon’s Green beans.
- Friday – Dinner Out
- Saturday – BBQ Whole Chicken, Roasted Eggplant with Heirloom Tomatoes, Greed Salad
- Sunday – Against the Grain Pizza with Nitrate Free Turkey Pepperoni, Mushrooms and Black Olives…. one of my favorite dinners.
I hope you find this menu helpful and encourage you to try the Sugar Detox.
But remember I am not a medical professional or a dietician, just a mom trying to get healthier and sharing my results. Checking with your doctor before starting any diet and exercise program is always a good idea.
linking up with menu planning with orgjunkie.com
Leave a Reply