Welcome to Menu Planning At Momma’s House! Each week I share What’s For Supper at Momma’s house. I like to serve my family real food, meaning real ingredients, and almost zero processed food. We happily eat well on a great budget weekly and love it! Come find out what’s for supper!
Menu Planning At Momma’s House #72
Happy Monday everyone! I don’t know about you, but dinner planning is so much easier when it becomes a habit? Have you planned your menu for the week? We are still having chilly weather all week long! This means turning on the oven for a bit is a plus! We will be indulging in Taco Baked Potatoes, Sheet Pan Chicken and Brussel Sprouts, and Leftover chili from our freezer stash. It is a busy week with sports and work commitments so our freezer stash is a real blessing.
Real Life Menu Planning
I have also been browsing through a couple of new cookbooks to spark some fresh ideas for dinner. One of these includes Rachel Hollis’ Real Life Dinners. I love the bright photo and super simple directions. I am really interested in her recipe for Frozen Burritos. This sounds like another meal I can stash in our freezer for busy nights. Of course, I am terrible about following directions, but I get the idea of making some burritos, freezing them, thawing, and then baking them in the oven. I love that! The thing about homemade food is that you know exactly what is going in the burrito. This means not fake cheese or mystery meat. Find her book here. Rachel Hollis Real Life Dinners
- Rachel’s Recipe book has over 80 full-colored photos and dozens of recipes including:
- Breakfast Quesadillas
- Toast Nine Ways
- Freeze-Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
- Crispy Sweet Potato Bake
- Lemon-Pesto Chicken
Recipe Spotlight This Week
My family loves my Sweet Sticky Spicy Sriracha Chicken Legs, and I love having the leftovers for lunch the next day. We are eating these one our of our busier nights because they are easy to make and pair well with any vegetable. I might even serve our yummy Sriracha Macaroni Salad with this meal!
Menu Plan This Week
Here is the real deal: Menu Planning At Momma’s House #72
- Monday – Sheet Pan Supper- Chicken Thighs, Brussel Sprouts, and Potatoes Basically following the chicken and green bean recipe and subbing out Brussel Sprouts for the Green Beans.
- Tuesday – Taco Baked Potatoes – We are using the oven for this to warm up the house a bit! The baked potato bar will be taco topping including ground turkey, shredded cheddar, sour cream, and pico de gallo.
- Wednesday – Sriracha Sticky Chicken Legs, Creamy Sriracha Macaroni Salad, Fresh Fruit
- Thursday – Soup and BYOS – We are eating out of our soup stash in the cupboard and having a build your own sandwich night. The guys love this one!
- Friday – Dinner Out
- Saturday – Upside Down Day – We never have time for a real pancake breakfast so we are flipping the day and having them for dinner. Complete with loads of scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. I love using my favorite Gluten Free Pancake Mix and sugar-free syrup from Maple Grove Farms. It is such a treat!
- Sunday – Chili and a Movie Night – We are hanging out at home and eating our favorite Spicy Turkey Chili, either over hot dogs or in these cute chili bowls I recently found. They have room for soup and crackers, chili and cornbread, or use them for dips and chips! Find them here.
Need more Menu Planning Ideas? Check out our many yummy meal planning ideas here! What’s For Supper? Menu Planning for Busy Families