Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes – These yummy dishes will make your mouth water and your guests ask for seconds. There is something for everyone on this list. Pick your family’s favorites and then pick a couple of new ones to impress your guests this year!
Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
I love to try new recipes around the holidays. The excitement of shopping the fresh vegetables, fruits and herbs, cooking the new recipe, and tasting are one of my favorite holiday experiences. Side dishes are the way to go when adding new dishes to traditional meals. Keep your turkey, pork loins, and ham but make those side dishes sing with fresh ingredients and a couple of new amazing dishes each year.
You will find so many delicious and traditional recipes in this list using stove top, slow cooker, and oven methods. You will also find healthy recipes, gluten-free recipes, and a few just darn good vegetable recipes to save you time in the kitchen.
Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
Sometimes we just like our favorites. These Thanksgiving side dishes are must haves for many families.
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Southern Crack Smothered Green Beans
- Green Bean Casserole
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Southern Cornbread
- Jiffy Corn Casserole
- Classic Ambrosia Salad
- Cranberry Sauce
- Turkey Pan Gravy
- Deviled Eggs
- Olive and Caper Deviled Eggs
Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Sides
Oven space is prime real estate for holiday meals. Use your trusty slow cooker to free up the oven and save precious time! I love my slow cooker(s). Ask my husband? He counts them every year!
- Slow Cooker Stuffing
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole
Easy Peasy Side Dishes
I love Thanksgiving! However, it can be a ton of work! Free up time and give yourself a little break from the kitchen frenzy with these simple dishes.
- Maple Glazed Pumpkin Spiced Carrots
- Fried Country Apples and Cranberries
- Spicy Hash brown Potato Casserole (Funeral Potatoes)
- Easy Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Baked Mac and Cheese
- Tropical Fruit Ambrosia Salad (my favorite)
- Chinese Dry Fried Green Beans with Bacon
Healthy Thanksgiving Sides
Watching calories this Thanksgiving? Looking to get a jump start on your health goals for the New Year? These are just as delicious as any other recipe yet will save you calories. Why not use your calories for a big slice of pie? Are you team pumpkin or team pecan?
- Simple Sauteed Garlic Spinach
- Broccoli Apple and Pecan Salad with Honey Dressing (Family Favorite)
- Green Beans for a Crowd
- Skillet Braised Kale
- Pan Roasted Broccoli
- Healthy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Gluten Free Thanksgiving Sides
It is always good to have one or two gluten-free recipes on the table if you have guests who are gluten intolerant. Or consider asking your guest to bring their favorite gluten-free Thanksgiving side dish!
- Rustic Rosemary Thyme Mashed Potatoes
- Gluten Free Pull Apart Dinner Rolls
- Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing
- Instant Pot Gluten Free Mashed Potatoes
- Low Carb Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole
- Gluten Free Low Carb Cranberry Sauce
Thanksgiving sides are often savory and so flavorful. Adding simple side vegetable dishes will balance out the meal beautifully. Think roasted fall vegetables, fresh fruit relishes, and yummy salads.
- Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Southern Squash and Onions
- Cranberry Sunshine Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Fresh Mint, Cilantro and Melon Salad
- Green Beans Almondine
- Acorn Squash with Maple Almond Butter
- Pineapple Orange Coleslaw (my favorite)
- Arkansas Cucumber Radish Mint Salad
- Simple Harvest Salad with a Creamy Walnut Vinaigrette
- Autumn Roasted Veggies
- Roasted Root Vegetables ( Two Ways)
- Butter Nut Squash Soup
- Southern Fried Cabbage no Bacon
Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
Have you found a few recipes to try this year? I can’t wait for Thanksgiving! My fork is ready and tummy is a rumbling! Thanksgiving side recipes just make me happy!