Sauteed Garlic Spinach s a go-to recipe for busy family nights. It is healthy, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and tastes amazing.
Mmm, Sauteed Garlic Spinach is so yummy. I can say that because I eat it three times or more. I try to eat plenty of greens every single day. Salads can get kind of mundane so I find fun and tasty ways to eat my greens with different recipes. This simple sauteed garlic spinach recipe can often be found with a couple of fried eggs for breakfast or next to a salt and pepper chicken thigh or a good piece of baked cod with a tomato melon salsa. Spinach is a quiet unassuming green leaf vegetable. It takes on any kind of flavor and adds it amazing nutrients.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.
I love the sauteed garlic spinach for many reasons, so much in fact I am going to list them because I LOVE lists!
Reasons I Love Cooking Fresh Spinach With Garlic
- Spinach is full of wonderful nutrients.
- Garlic also has health benefits and so much flavor. Studies have shown a reduction in cholesterol. I mean, if it tastes good and is real food I love it, but heck bring-on the health benefits.
- Fresh spinach is a must in our fridge each week. We use it for sauteed garlic spinach, blueberry chocolate smoothies, and salads! It really is the perfect green leaf vegetable.
- Sauteeing spinach is fast! I mean you can have this dish finished in 10 minutes!
- Leftovers make an amazing fresh egg omelet or Popeye worthy eggs benedict or just serve with a poached egg! Yumfest!
My Favorite Tools for Sauteeing Spinach With Garlic
- 12-inch Non-Stick Saute Pan – I have the space-saving set from Calphalon and I love it!
- For Large Batches, a Dutch Oven – 8qt is a great size.
- Good chef knife for mincing garlic.
- Wood Pan Paddle for giving the spinach a good stir.
- Salad Spinner – great for quick cleaning of all kinds of greens!
How To Cook Fresh Spinach with Garlic
Rinse with cold water and spin the spinach greens with a salad spinner. I love the Oxo salad spinner. Mine gets used several times a week and it just keeps on spinning!
In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of finely chopped garlic on medium heat for just under a minute. You just want to have a hint of the essence of the garlic with the oil.
Add 12 oz of spinach or more but remember it needs to fit the pan! Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir.
Cook for a couple of minutes and give the spinach a stir with your wooden pan paddle. When the spinach is just wilted and still bright green remove from heat and serve immediately.
For more details see recipe below.
Simple Sauteed Garlic Spinach Recipe
Yummy fresh side dish! Sauteed Garlic with Spinach is easy to make and quick to cook!
- 12oz Fresh Spinach
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- optional: a pinch of Crushed red pepper
- Rinse with cold water and spin the spinach greens with a salad spinner.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of finely chopped garlic on medium heat for just under a minute. You just want to have a hint of the essence of the garlic with the oil.
- Next, add spinach, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and give the spinach a stir with your wooden pan paddle. When the spinach is just wilted and still bright green remove from heat and serve immediately.
I used a crushed red pepper to add more heat or texture to the dish. I also loved the little pop of red in the photo.
Leave a Reply