This Southern Belle Cobb Salad is like brunch on a plate. With crispy fried chicken tenders and a variety of savory and sweet toppings you will be queen of all hostesses at your next brunch or just make it lunch or supper!
Unlike traditional Cobb salad this recipe has crispy fried chicken, plum grapes, scrumptious, crunchy pecans, and an amazing Green Goddess Dressing.
Cobb Salad History
The first Cobb salad was created at the Hollywood Brown Derby Restaurant, named after owner Robert Howard Cobb. The traditional recipe comprised salad greens, chicken (all kinds excluding fried!), tomato, hard-boiled eggs, crisp bacon, avocado, Roquefort cheese, and a red wine vinaigrette.
Southern Belle Cobb Salad Recipe
When I made this salad, I was thinking about the gorgeous pecans groves in the south and the amazing grapes in Southern California. I have always been fond of a big green salad and this one has it all. Well, enough for one good-sized meal!
Make this Southern Belle Cobb Salad recipe with home made fried chicken tenders or buy a package at the market! Keep it simple!
This yummy salad is perfect for brunches, lunch or dinner! I hope you enjoy this salad and try some other recipes here at Momma Can!
If you love the salad bowl here is the link! These wonderful bowls are found Target and they are the perfect shape and size for salads as a meal!
Use small clear glass containers with screw lids for dressings and sauces. I love the very small ones for individual servings. Here are my favorites.
More Yummy Salad Recipes
- Thai Tuna Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Southern Berry and Caramelized Pecan Salad
- Cranberry Sunshine Citrus Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Lebanese Inspired Tuna Fattoush Salad
Consider serving with a nice hunk of corn bread.
Southern Belle Cobb Salad Recipe
Southern Belle Cobb Salad Recipe with Southern-Fried chicken tenders, pecans, grapes, Crumbled Cheese and creamy Green Goddess dressing. The perfect meal for Brunch, Dinner, or Supper!
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon pepper
- 4 - 6 cups Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 4 - 6 Crispy Chicken Tenders
- 8 slices crispy fried bacon
- 2 cup grapes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 hard boiled eggs peeled and halved
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1 English cucumber cubed
- ½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola, or Roquefort Cheese
- 2 lemons halved
For the Dressing
- In a small food processor add olive oil, parsley, sour cream or yogurt, water, mustard, garlic, and pulse until blended, stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing into a small serving dish.
For the Salad
- Divide salad green on to 4 salad serving plates or bowls.
- Slice crispy chicken tenders cross-wise into bite-sized pieces and arrange on salad greens.
- Crumble crisped bacon and arrange next to chicken tender bites.
- Divide and arrange on each plate/bowl remaining ingredients, grapes, pecans, crumbled cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, and avacados.
- Add half a lemon to each serving for squeezing a little bit of citrus for contrast in flavors.
- Serve immediately with dressing on the side.
The sky is the limit with this Southern Belle Cobb Salad Recipe. Consider adding golden raisins and apples for a sweet and crunch variation.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 781Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 247mgSodium: 1655mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 13gSugar: 21gProtein: 36g
Leave a Reply