Summer Peach Cowboy Caviar is a wonderful party recipe!
A fresh summer fruit version of traditional Cowboy Caviar that your family and friends will love!
This simple dip can be thrown together in under 15 minutes! Serve at potlucks, picnics. parties, or heck for lunch or dinner!
Summer Peach Cowboy Caviar Recipe
I made this Summer Peach Cowboy Caviar for my family the week of 4th of July. My husband was pretty impressed with how tasty the peaches were mixed with blackeyed peas and other yummy ingredients. I was looking to make up a peach cobbler but heck it was sunny outside and fresh dip was just calling my name.
How to make a tasty Peach Cowboy Caviar
If we are going to talk Peach Cowboy Caviar facts, you have to have a good sweet ripe peach. However, if you peaches are not perfect, grab a honeydew melon and add a half cup to sweeten up those peaches.
Personally, I have never met a peach that I did not like, but that does not mean they are all perfectly sweet!
Tips For Making Summer Peach Cowboy Caviar
- Use the freshest ingredients possible and organic when you can.
- It is very important to keep the cuts small enough for your fresh veggies to make the Peach Cowboy Caviar a dip and not a chunky bean salad. Y’all, no one wants a big chunk of onion on their tortilla chip!
- If you are not super skilled with a chef knife try one os these handy choppers. They work great for onions, peppers, and even strawberries and tomatoes!\
- If you are on team chef knife, here is my all- time favorite.
Other Simple Recipes For Family Gatherings
If you like this recipe, you might love these as well:
- Restaurant Style Smoky Chipotle Salsa
- Honeydew Salsa
- Slow Cooker Chicken Carnitas
- Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Beef Brisket
Summer Peach Cowboy Caviar
A fresh simple dip made with ripe peaches, fresh vegetables, and beans. This Summer Peach Cowboy Caviar makes a yummy side dish for any picnic, potluck, or party. Wow, your guests with this amazing variation on a Texas classic.
- 15 oz Blacked Eye Peas - rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can Black Beans - rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh diced ripe peeled peaches
- 1/2 chop diced honeydew melon or cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red tomato
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeno pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of two limes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Combine beans, peaches, melon, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss/stir well so that ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, brown sugar, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over ingredients and stir/ toss well.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. ( Make sure to give it a little stir to coat the ingredients again if storing in the refrigerator!)
Serve Summer Peach Cowboy Caviar with tortilla chips, pita chips or any other favorite chip! Works well as a side dish or as part of a summer salad. So good!
Leave a Reply