This week for Hey Momma! What’s For Supper #91 is all about Keeping The Kitchen Cool.
The weather is warming up and its time to think less baking. It’s the time of year to embrace slower cooking, grilling, and simple salads. And yep, limiting meat eating, increasing fresh veggies and fruits while they are ready and abundant.
Hey Momma! What’s For Supper? #91
Keeping The Kitchen Cool Menu IDeas
This week for supper we have a yummy slow-down and enjoy but don’t heat up that kitchen line up! Y’all, this gal does not heat up her kitchen in the summer! It is just too darn hot!
I would rather just pop in a Crock Pot meal or pick up some salmon and super quick cook it on the grill or in quick cooking salmon patties. Throw in a nice quick saute of greens and a crisp salad and we are talking healthy yummy dinners.
Hooray For Rotisserie Chicken!
Let’s not forget all the kind grocery stores that will give you a plump roast chicken to save you from heating up the kitchen or fried if that is your game.
It is okay to put your apron in the drawer during the warm days of summer and take it easy with the kids.
Remember less is more for protein and more is joy in fresh veggies and fruits! Pretty simple right?
And while you are slowing down and keeping the kitchen cool why not enjoy a nice fresh fruity beverage and some sweet new Recipe Reads!
Check out our Cranberry Basil Mint Lemonade and our Yummy Guava Punch!
Here are my current Cook Book and Entertainment Obsessions!
Momma’s Cook Book and Entertainment Obsessions!
- Test Kitchen Hometown Favorites – So many interesting recipes and their history in the United States. Find your favorites!
- The Southern Living Party Cookbook – So much information and recipes for your next party! Lovely photos filled with inspiration.
- Weight Watchers freestyle 2019: The Weight Watchers Freestyle Program 2019 And Recipes That Shape Your Body and Boost Confidence (WW Freestyle Cookbook) – Because we are always trying to eat healthily and happy and Weight Watchers has helped so many folks succeed.
Platters and Boards: Beautiful, Casual Spreads for Every Occasion (Appetizer Cookbooks, Dinner Party Planning Books, Food Presentation Books) – I have a mini-obsession with platters and boards right now. And they are a perfect way to keep the kitchen cool in the summer. No board, just use a tray! Even a baking tray will work.
Hey Momma! What’s For Supper? #91 Keeping The Kitchen Cool
Menu Plan for the Week
- Sunday – Salmon, Sauteed Spinach, Sliced Heirloom Tomatoes, and Basmati rice.
- Monday – Sheet Pan Supper – Chicken, Potatoes, and Green Beans
- Tuesday – Chicken Thigh Carnitas in Tacos with Yummy Spicy Taco Dressing – Also making a batch of our new Summer Peach Cowboy Caviar!
- Wednesday – Red Beans and Rice (Cook a double batch of rice on Sunday)
- Thursday – Slow Cooker Meatballs, Green Salad, and Sliced Melon
- Friday – Dinner Out!
- Saturday – Grilled Ribeye, Corn on the Cob, and Smore’s
Lunches are going to be simple salads, and me enjoying making lots of cute Fruit, Veggie, Hummus, and Cheese boards! Creativity is not just for crafters! Foodies love design just like all those crafty chicks!
WHAT’S FOR SUPPER? #91 AND AN INVITATION
Happy Home 101 is our made for your private Facebook Group. We will be having the menu plan and recipe post each week along with free happy daily docket planner! I have something super special planned in August! Don’t miss out! Join today!
Keeping the Kitchen Cool
I hope you found some inspiration for creating yummy meals for your family this week!
Need more Menu Planning Ideas? Check out our many yummy meal planning ideas here! What’s For Supper? Menu Planning for Busy Families