- Put away all clutter around your entryway table, bench or area. If you keep shoes in this area as well straighten these up in a nice orderly fashion. Make a decision how many shoes should be kept here. If there are too many than perhaps store a few in the bedrooms or garage.
- Throw away any trash that happens to be on the table or in the entryway area.
- Sort through any mail that has been left on the table and put the bills in a bill box and file away what needs to be filed. Mailbox clutter can explode in just two days. Make a plan for this clutter and stick to it.
- Place a small bowl for keys or hang them from hooks near a Family Message Center or near the garage door.
- Give the table a good dusting and arrange three to five photos that bring a smile to your face on the table.
- Fresh flowers or small easy care plants are always welcome on an entryway table but clutter is just not. Clutter zaps the peace out of your beautiful home and the entryway should be off-limits for clutter.
Tip: Place a large basket or pretty bin near for bags of purchased items that need to be put away when you get home. This will keep them from being spread on the entryway table or any other flat surface.