Easy creamy mashed potato recipe, cooked on the stovetop and full of rich real cream with the perfect amount of white pepper. This mashed potato recipe is a wonderful side dish for any time of the year!Nothing in this world beats the love of a heaping helping of any kind Southern comfort food. And the star of comfort food in my house is this Easy Creamy Mashed Potato Recipe. The secret? White pepper and real cream, I mean the real deal, heavy whipping cream. And let’s not skimp on the dish with icky margarine, use real butter. My favorite? Kerigold! Yum.Mashed Potatoes
What ingredients make amazing mashed potatoes?
- The potato! I love the flavor and texture of Yukon Gold and Red. They are readily available at many grocery stores.
- Good white fine ground pepper. White fine ground pepper tastes much like its cousin black pepper. We use the Simply Organic White Pepper. However, the color allows the potatoes to look just so pristine! Top it with scallions and the green just pops off the mashed potatoes.
- Real whipping cream, we use organic and you simply cannot make a creamier mashed potato. Although, I have used half-n-half cream in a pinch.
- Real, yummy, butter. Let‘s be honest margarine is not real butter, it is a something, something oil spread. Real butter tastes amazing, and it helps leftovers reheat without that weird chemical taste.
Cooking Tips for the Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- Cut peeled potatoes in similar sizes for even cooking.
- Cook until fork tender.
- Use your favorite tool to mash cooked potatoes. We love this one potato ricer and use it at Christmas!. But my favorite is giving each potato a mash with the Pampered Chef Mix n Chop and then whipping with my Cuisinart hand-held mixer.
- Careful with salt, yes add some to the pot while boiling the potatoes but not too much! You can always add more. I use it sparingly and then salt to taste while mixing with the hand mixer.
Dress Those Taters Up!
- We love finely sliced scallions, chopped chives or crispy crushed bacon. I also love topping them with shredded parmesan or cheddar.
- Our favorite way to use up leftovers is to add sour cream and mix well, then top with shredded cheddar, onions, and bacon! Baked in a 350-degree oven until heated through and cheese is nice and toasty.
These mashed potatoes are pictured in a small cast iron skillet from Lodge! We love using these for individual casserole and out twice-baked mashed potatoes.
Easy Creamy Mashed Potato Recipe
Delicious perfect mashed potatoes with real cream, real butter, and white pepper. This is mashed potato heaven!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Sidedish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 3 Pounds Peeled and Quartered Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes( Keep pieces same size)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Real Butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper or pepper to taste.
- Melt butter and heavy cream in small saucepan just until butter melts, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add potatoes, tsp salt, and enough cold water to cover.
- Heat to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Potatoes should be fork tender.
- Remove and drain. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or potato ricer and add cream and butter mixture and white ground pepper.
- Mash until smooth or use a hand-held mixer on low- setting to blend until creamy.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Garnish with chives, scallions, shredded cheddar, parmesan or crisp bacon coarsely chopped.
Keywords: potatoes, mashed potatoes, butter, cream