Never would I have believed in a million years that I would be cooking a whole chicken in the microwave! Never would I have believed that the chicken would be moist and delicious! But yet, here I am rocking my Rockcrok from Pampered Chef life a boss! But I had yet to learn about the Rockcrok 30 Minute Whole Roasted Chicken! I freaking love it!
Quick 30-minute chicken in my RockCrok from Pampered Chef! Rubbed down with garlic and herb rub! With a simple 5 minute prep, amazing herb rub, and 25 minutes cook-time, this Chicken Recipe is amazing!
Rockcrok 30 Minute Whole Roasted Chicken
I can remember making my first Pampered Chef chicken and was very wary about cooking it properly. Watching about a million you-tube videos and looking at my Pampered Chef recipe with my best pair of reading glasses over and over again I got the courage to give it a try.
Grabbing my ingredients, I put the recipe together, and placed in the microwave. The timer went off, I poke my digital read thermometer in several places and decided to zap it on high in the microwave a little bit longer. I learned that micro-roasting a supersize chicken needed a little more cooking time. After 5 more minutes, the chicken was at 165 degrees Fahrenheit. I popped it out onto the counter, set it on top of a large cutting board still in the Rockcrok and covered with a cheesecloth towel. I waited, 10 solid minutes.
The resting period of that bird was the most difficult. The chicken looked so amazing when I pulled it out of the oven. My tummy did that crazy grumble and my mouth was watering. I was ready to eat! Ding! The timer finally allowed me a taste! I cut into the thick breast and the juices flowed clear. The first taste was the best, the chicken was moist and the seasoning just perfect. I had to put my fork down, lest my family have nothing to eat for dinner!
My Family Loved the Rockcrok Chicken!
Everyone loved the chicken. We revisit this recipe often. Cooking a whole chicken in the microwave is a real gift in hot climates. Nobody wants to be in a hot kitchen babysitting a roast chicken for two hours! I totally recommend the Rockcrok 30 Minute Whole Roasted Chicken for busy dinner nights!
I used the Rockcrok Dutch Oven! You can find it here! Please Remember to Only Use Microwave Safe Dishes In the Microwave!
If you love this recipe, you might love our yummy Turkey Chili Recipe!
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2-4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- cooking spray (canola or coconut, whatever you have)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Spray Crock with cooking spray.
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from Chicken cavity. Rinse chicken and pat dry with
- paper towels. Remove any excess chicken fat with kitchen scissors. Lift wings up
- and tuck under chicken. Baste chicken with olive oil.
- Mix seasoning and flour then coat outside of the chicken.
- Place chicken breast side up into crock.
- Microwave on high 25- 30 minutes until thermometers reachers temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from microwave and cover loosely with aluminum foil for 10 minutes. This is an important step to finish the cooking process and to keep your yummy chicken moist!
You can make this with Jerk Seasoning and it is just as amazing!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 27g