Southern Fried Chicken Tender Strips
Crispy Fried Chicken Tenders with tons of spices! The best darn flavor for Southern Chicken Tenders.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Category: chicken
- Method: fry
- Cuisine: American
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1//2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg and buttermilk. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the flour and spices, stir to blend.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then flour mixture. Repeat for extra crunchy crust.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken tenders, a few pieces at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with a little salt if desired.
Serve with your favorite condiment.
Try our light bbq sour cream dip.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon favorite bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
Note: If you double dip for extra crust you may need to have more egg mixture and flour to finish all the tenders.
Keywords: fried chicken tenders, southern fried chicken tenders, fried chicken tenderloins