This quick and easy Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Vegetable Bowl recipe is full of healthy veggies and tangy-sweet fresh pineapple. This dish can be on the table in less than 25 minutes and is healthy, loaded with flavor.
Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Vegetable Bowl
Back in the day, La Choy Chicken Teriyaki and Vegetables mixed with a bag of La Choy Chow Mein Noodles about once or twice a month. It was the seventies and folks were jazzed for their quick fix frozen and canned meals. And I will be honest, it was a change from meatloaf and spaghetti and my brother and I loved it. Having pineapple and chestnuts in anything felt so grown up for two Texas military brats.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
This Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Vegetable Bowl recipe is my version of that meal in a can from my childhood. Fresh pineapple, red onion, bright red bell pepper, and button mushrooms with a yummy organic teriyaki sauce. The chicken is the breast of rotisserie chicken and really works beautifully with this recipe.
I use a small fruit bowl to form the brown or white rice for presentation. When the veggies, pineapple, and chicken are finished I arrange them around the little rice mountain. The garnish with cilantro and the chow mein noodles.
It has the essence of my childhood treat but honestly just tastes loads better. Fresh pineapple always makes a dish sing.
For the Kids: Purchase beginner chopsticks and let them enjoy trying a new way to eat dinner. You can find them here.
Try these yummy recipes!
If you enjoyed this Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Vegetable Bowl try these other favorites.
- 2 tablespoons real butter
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks cut into bit-sized pieces.
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice (reserved from cut pineapple)
- 2 rotisserie chicken breast, bone and skin removed and slice about a 1/2 inch thick.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (or white)
optional: crushed red pepper
- optional garnishes, half lemon, chow mein noddles, cilantro leaves
- In a large skillet, 14inches at least, add butter to the pan and turn the heat to medium-high.
- When butter melts, add onion, bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook for three minutes, then add pineapple chunks and teriyaki sauce.
- When pineapple browns on the edges scoot the vegetable and pineapple to the side and add the chicken slices and the reserved pineapple juice. The teriyaki will still flavor the chicken in the pan, but add another teaspoon if desired and a half teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- Once chicken is heated through, assemble your rice into your bowls. Arrange the vegetables, pineapple and chicken. Garnish with a half lemon for additional flavor option.
- Other garnishes: Cilantro and Chow mein noodles and half lemon for squeezing.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 2 large portions or 4 smaller portions
Add veggies the kids love, mini corn in a can, sliced thin bit-sized carrots, broccoli, and water chestnuts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g