It’s Cold Outside Let’s Make Soup Find out what’s for supper at momma’s house! We are getting ready for the cooler nights and making yummy soup! Easy green pea soup, savory chili, and vegetable soup! Hot soups are the best crowd pleasers on cold winter nights. Find out what’s for supper at momma’s house! We are getting ready for the cooler nights and making yummy soup! Easy green pea soup, savory chili, and vegetable soup! Hot soups are the best crowd pleasers on cold winter nights. Have mercy I woke up and my toes and cheeks were freezing! I knew exactly what to make for dinners this week because the weather has finally cooled off here in Southern California. Chili, Chowders, and Soups! My favorite turkey chili is perfect for three meals this week. The boys don’t seem to mind repetition if it is served with hot dogs and fries!
Later in the week, we will have a baked potatoes bar. In between, I will make some corn chowder and a big batch of low carb vegetable soup for me!
We Love Soup!
My oldest son loves corn chowder, and I always keep some bacon in the fridge so he can have it to add to leftover chowder during the week. This is a very economical dinner, especially when you have a teen in the house who is hungry most of the time. I am triple batch cooking my top three favorite soups, chilis, and chowders.
We love our Instant Pot for making chilis and soups. Having the option of sautee and then slow cooking is amazing!
Soups and chilis are a great time saver! I have been so busy decorating the house, shopping and wrapping gifts, and with the craze of work and volunteer hours mixed in this week, this menu plan is going to keep me sane!
It’s Cold Outside Let’s Make Soup
Here is our Menu for the week.
Let’s Make Soup!
- Breakfast I am drinking up healthy vegan smoothies daily! I love this one.
- Lunch – Salads, even with the Romaine crisis I can eat Iceberg and spinach, which is totally fine! I am subbing butter lettuce in my yummy Cranberry Sunshine Salad!
- Monday – Momma’s world famous to use Turkey Chili with cornbread.
- Tuesday – Leftover chili with hot dogs and tortilla chips.
- Wednesday – Instant Pot Vegetable Soup with hot buttered rolls.
- Thursday – Kid Friendly Corn Chowder with salad, if I can find some. The ban of romaine has upset the salad world!
- Friday – Dinner Out, this momma will be so tried by Friday!
- Saturday – Easy Blender Pea Soup with Croutons and mint, so GOOD!
- Sunday – Whole Roast Chicken in my amazing Pampered Chef Rockcrock, Mashed Potatoes, and Broccoli Apple Pecan Salad. This has an amazing honey dressing! Yum
Need more Menu Planning Ideas? Check out our many yummy meal planning ideas here! What’s For Supper? Menu Planning for Busy Families