Kitchen gift basket ideas for the holidays, birthday, Mother’s day, and Christmas are easy and most everyone has a kitchen! Right? Kitchen gift baskets are a perfect fit if you are looking for gift ideas for home cooks or even the future Iron Chef in your life.
Kitchen Gift Baskets
I love gift baskets, and the new kid on the block boxes! These thought ways to package several items for kitchens make any size gift extra special.
Home cooks, food geeks, gourmet cooks, vegans, Paleo enthusiasts, Italian and Mexican, and the list goes on and on, everyone eats, so kitchen baskets are an answer to anyone’s gifting heart!
The only real hiccup in a kitchen gift basket or foodie gift basket is finding out the likes and dislikes of the recipient.
Choosing A Theme For Your Kitchen Gift Basket
It seems a little silly to choose a theme for a kitchen cooking gift basket. But it saves time, money, and makes it extra special!
I always save time with a plan in place. I want this for you as well! The plan is simple.
Find out your gift recipient’s likes and dislikes in the kitchen.
- Are they take out folks who love linen napkins and excellent wine?
- Do they love making a big pot of pasta and experimenting with different olive oils and herbs?
- Do they love to bake? Or just loved to eat baked goods with a fabulous homemade latte?
- Are they Vegan or do they love a good steak?
Find these simple things out to narrow down your Kitchen Basket Theme!
Take your information and decide what you may enjoy adding the basket. Below are a few sample theme ideas:
- Coffee & Scones – Cute basket filled with fresh baked goods, a couple of adorable mugs in their favorite colors, and some K-cups or fresh ground beans.
- Bakers Gadgets – Find unique items for your baking friends and family.
- Pasta and Vino – Add some fun pasta, amazing olive oil, a loaf of locally baked bread, and a great bottle of wine. If they are not a fan of cooking, add a nice jar of marinara or a good pesto.
- Pancakes/Waffles – Large mixing bowl or basket with some pancake/waffle mix, maple syrup, a jar of colorful seasonal sprinkles, a whisk, and a dishtowel that matches your theme.
- BBQ – A couple of jars of homemade or gourmet sauce, a baster, matching dish towel, and a homemade dry rub.
These are just a few amazing ideas for a wonderful kitchen themed gift basket.
Choose A Container To Fit Your Basket Theme
Baskets! I love a nice lined basket or simple bushel and peck baskets, even strawberry baskets for smaller gifts.
Other great conatiners are salad bowls, buckets, mixing bowls, and bread bowls. Trays word really well and cutting boards. With a little creativity you can flip a cake stand, just be extra careful with glass and crystal.
Where to find amazing gift basket fillers for your kitchen gift baskets.
I love browsing HomeGoods for gift basket fillers! I have found some amazing vinegars and oils, super cute baskets and bowls, and several holiday themed items that work for baskets.
Here are some very cute baskets on Amazon!
Here are some amazing baskets from Walmart!Set of 3 Oval Hyacinth Baskets with Iron Wire Frame by Trademark Innovations
DecMode Small Brown Wooden Tray Basket with Metal Handles Set of 2: 18″ x 8″, 16″ x 6″
Set of 3 Wire Basket with Wooden Handles – Vintage Style – By Blue Ridge Basket Co.
Honey Can Do Small Seagrass Basket with Handles and Iron Frame, Brown
School Mood SchoolSmart Synthetic Wicker Basket
DII Home Traditions Rustic Farmhouse Vintage Chicken Wire Wall Basket, Set of 2 Assorted, White
Ribbons, Tags, and Pens
Having a variety of ribbons and tags on hand makes gifting so much easier! Keep a few colors along with some neutral colors and you will be ready at the drop of a hat to create a unique kitchen gift basket.
Here are some of my favorites, including my favorite pens for writing on tags!
Kitchen Gift Basket Filler Ideas
Here are a few key items I keep on hand for kitchen gift baskets. I use these items as a filler and go with many kinds of baskets. I keep it to neutrals and a splash of red. Red fits several holiday color schemes, including Christmas, the 4th of July, and Valentine’s Day. I did check, and my stash has several pieces with stripes. Thein striped towels are just so cute!
I am sharing my favorite fillers to save you time in shopping!
I hope you have found some ideas to create a wonderful kitchen basket for any occasion. Kitchen themed gift baskets are so simple to make and with a little thought a joy to the recipient!
I love to have new ideas for themes, please share them in the comments!