What to cook for supper tonight? How about a nice roast chicken in 30 minutes? A steaming bowl of yummy chili with leftovers! It has been cold everywhere lately! Warm up the house with good food and wonderful family time. Pass the biscuits ya’ll its supper time!
What To Cook For Supper Tonight?
Yes, Lord, it has been cold every single day and rainy! And I don’t mean in Washington, Indiana or Tennessee I mean right here in ” Sunny” Southern California. I had to go to buy warmer clothes! And Rain Boots!
This is the perfect weather to sit by a warm fire and dream the day away. Hmm, wouldn’t that be nice? Life is just no that slow as a working mom. So to keep the house warm I am doing a bit of baking and serving up hot food each night to keep the cold winter chill away.
I am cooking lots of soups and chilis for supper these days as well as roasting chickens, and baking healthy version of the family favorite quick loaves of bread. I might even make time to whip up some Southern Biscuits with a new Whole Wheat White Flour I bought.
Here Is What To Cook For Supper Tonight!
Supper Menu Plan For The Week
- Monday – Turkey Chili with double meat for our growing teen. A pan of cornbread for crumbling into the chili. Yum! Plenty of shredded cheese and chopped onions for garnish.
- Tuesday – Chili Dogs! This is so easy, just put aside some chili, chopped onions, and cheese for the next day. Serve it over the hot dogs with some mustard and even a kosher pickle or two.
- Wednesday – BYOS- Build Your Own Sandwich/Salad. We have sports today and will put our a sandwich and salad platter when we get home. BYOS is very popular around this house. I also keep several cans of great soup for these nights in the pantry. We love the YES brand soups.
- Thursday – Baked Salmon, Southern Crack Smothered Green Beans and Cranberry Citrus Salad and my mom’s garlic toast. (Bread in the toaster, slathered with butter, sprinkled with garlic)
- Friday – Sheet Pan Supper Night – Greek Chicken with Potatoes and Lemons ( Recipe coming soon) We are on try three. I will not put on a ” real family dinner recipe” without several tries first.
- Saturday – Dinner Out – We are celebrating Valentine’s Date Night on Saturday due to the sports even happening on the actual date.
- Sunday- Grill night, if the weather is good, if not Oven Roasted Chicken with potatoes, carrots, and radishes. Served with my yummy Broccoli Salad with pecans and honey dressing.
I hope your week is fantastic and your food yummy! Check out more ideas below and don’t miss our AMAZING FREE LIBRARY Of GOODIES!
- Weeknight Family Main Dish Dinner Ideas
- Simple Whole Food Recipe Meal Ideas
- Celebrating Southern Cooking
Need more Menu Planning Ideas? Check out our many yummy meal planning ideas here! What’s For Supper? Menu Planning for Busy Families