Do you need some menu ideas for this week? We are sharing simple recipes for family dinners that can be double-batched cooked for easy meals next week! Check out these amazing recipes for inspiration right away and find out what’s for supper at Momma’s house.
Hi friends! Welcome to October! Things are starting to get busy around Momma’s house. We have an array of fall activities and getting supper on the table starts to become pretty difficult. I am very thankful that my youngest son is finally coming around to trying new things and is most importantly finally on team soup! I thought he would never change his stubborn no-soup policy but we had a major break thru last month when he found out that Baked Potato Soup from Chili’s was basically a baked potato in a bowl. I had him eat that a few time and then showed him how we make it from scratch at home. He could not believe his mom could make soup as good or better than his favorite local eatery! Can I get a Hallelujah over here?
Double Batch Cooking
With that in mind, I am excited to share this week’s menu. I am double batch cooking a couple of things to make meal prep easier for October. You hardly notice making extra portion when you use this method. I am also scouring the freezer aisle this week for meal starter vegetables to save time. Frozen vegetables are a major time saver and do not spoil like fresh vegetables.
I am sure we have all been through tossing out tons of old veggies and fruits because life is crazy busy in the Fall. Frozen vegetables and fruits are a real money saver because we pull out what we need and use as we go.
Here is our menu for the week!
- Monday – Scrumptious Sriracha Chicken Legs with Steamed Broccoli, Buttered Corn for the guys and Riced Cauliflower for Momma.
The chicken legs keep in the fridge for two days and will be great for after school snacks for my youngest before tennis practice. So much better than Oreos and milk for energy, not that he does not indulge.
- Tuesday – Our favorite spicy Turkey Chili. I am double batch cooking this recipe and also making a Keto Style Version without beans. I will serve that up as a low-carb dinner over Cauliflower steaks next week.
- Wednesday – Whole Roast Chicken in my RockCrok with Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob, and a big green salad.
- Thursday – Chicken stirfry using leftover chop chicken from last night and Pineapple Orange Coleslaw Salad as a side.
- Friday – Dinner Out
- Saturday – Grilled Chicken Breast ( Double Batch) with Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Sliced Heirloom Tomatoes.
- Sunday – Leftover Grilled Chicken Breast over our yummy Cranberry Sunshine Salad. Yum!
Double Batch cooking is a huge time saver not just in the fall but all year long. Double batch cooking words great with roasted meats, ground meats, and grilled chicken and thighs. It is also perfect for your favorite chili recipes! However, my favorite double batch cooking trick hands down, yummy chicken stock! Homemade chicken stock just tastes better over store bought. Here is one of my favorite recipes for chicken stock.
Need more Menu Planning Ideas? Check out our many yummy meal planning ideas here! What’s For Supper? Menu Planning for Busy Families