Chickpea, Cucumber, Tomato and Herb Salad, is a refreshing twist to add to your summer salad recipe collection. No need for another boring tomato and iceberg lettuce salad, there are so many to choose from with fresh ingredients to make your palate sing!
Fresh Chickpea Cucumber Tomato Salad with Herbs
A salad a day is the new motto to use, and yep you can include apples! ~ Momma
Chickpea Cucumber Tomato & Herb Salad finds its place at our table often. It is a perfect side dish for grilled meats, and as a standalone for lunch.
Chickpea Salad Ingredients:
- canned chickpeas (garbanzo)
- English cucumber
- fresh Italian parsley
- fresh mint leaves
- olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and Pepper
You can use Persian cucumbers in this recipe and simply slice them.
Simple ingredients with fresh herbs make this salad healthy and delicious.
Plate it in a beautiful dish and add some freshly ground pepper and flake salt for a wonderful presentation.
Leftover Salad Ideas
Use leftover chickpea, tomato and cucumber salad in wraps, pita bread, or tortillas for a delicious filling, add some chopped egg or sliced chicken for added protein. Add fresh Greek yogurt for a creamier filling.
Serve with a small bowl of hummus and scoop with chips or pita toast.
If you love this recipe, you may love these.
- Lebanese Potato Salad
- Chicken Tomato Herb Salad over Arugula
- Southern Belle Cob Salad
- Green Grape Chicken Salad
- 1 can drained and rinsed chickpeas (garbanzo)
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber quartered and sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large glass bowl combine drained and rinsed chickpeas, tomato, cucumber, parsley and mint.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice and coat the salad.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Serve immediately or chill and serve.
For a variation, add crumbled feta, sliced radish, or greek olives.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g