I am a big fan of a main dish casserole dinner that tastes great and is easy to make. Enjoy this amazing list of darn good casserole dishes.
Who can resist a one-dish meal? I know I love a good casserole, especially when I find a casserole recipe that my entire family enjoys!
Casseroles were a big part of our family dinners growing up! I can especially remember tuna casseroles during Lent, and leftover spaghetti, covered in cheese, and baked with my mom’s traditional sprinkle of dried parsley.
Casseroles became popular in the 1950s
Casseroles became popular in the 1950s when households finally had access to affordable lightweight metal and glass casserole dishes. Casseroles in the US tend to have a protein, some kind of chopped vegetables, a starch to bind (potatoes, rice, and pasta) and often found topped with cheese.
If you are looking for easy meals to put together, casseroles are a dream come true. Here are some great recipes for your family to try! Put their favorite in your recipe toolbox for busy nights.’
20 Main Dish Casserole Dinner Recipes
Chicken and Rice Casserole – The Southern King of Casseroles
- Chicken and Rice Casserole is a family favorite to the world! Okay, maybe not the world, but who has not tasted a cream of something chicken casserole? I always use organic cream of chicken or mushroom soup. It has a better flavor!
Main Dish BBQ Turkey Pizza Casserole
2.I love a casserole that uses up leftover turkey! This BBQ Turkey Pizza casserole can use sliced turkey lunch meat or shredded or chopped roasted turkey.
Simple to make and my picky eater loved it! I make it with canned biscuits, taking easy cooking to a new level!
Spicy Taco Chicken Hash Brown Casserole
3. I adore Mexican food and love hash browns, this Spicy Taco Chicken Hash Brown Casserole has yummy ingredients including delicious shredded rotisserie chicken. The dish is spicy, comforting, and filling! This is the perfect dish for dinner but can great for breakfast or brunch.
Million Dollar Meatball Casserole
4. This easy million dollar meatball casserole recipe tastes like a million dollars but costs less than $15 and takes less than 30 minutes to make. Can you see affordable and cheesy yummy!
This easy million dollar meatball casserole recipe tastes like a million dollars but costs less than $15 and takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Million Dollar Meatball Casserole – Two Kids and a Coupon
CHICKEN BROCCOLI PASTA BAKE [DUMP AND BAKE]
5. Chicken broccoli pasta bake is easy and amazing! No boiling needed – just dump and bake and in an hour you can serve a cheesy, creamy dinner your family will love. With two types of cheese! A delicious main dish casserole!
Skillet Chicken Enchiladas
6. Grab this recipe of Skillet Chicken Enchiladas and get dinner on the table in under 15 minutes. This recipe tastes so much like the enchiladas I ate growing up (my mom is Latina!) and is a kid-friendly recipe. The trick, finish the dish with freshly chopped onion and cilantro!
Cheese Burger Casserole
7. All the delicious flavors of a cheeseburger rolled into one frugal, easy recipe. This Cheeseburger Casserole is so family-friendly! I love a recipe that my kids will enjoy and not do that annoying eye roll.
Easy Baked Tortellini Casserole
8. This simple Baked Tortellini Casserole is quick & mainly cooks itself, with little prep. Amazing weeknight dinners, for those nights, when you feel fancy but too tired to make fancy.
Creamy Chicken Casserole
9. Brazilian Fricassé, or Creamy Chicken Casserole, is tasty and made with shredded chicken breast in a creamy sauce and covered with lots of cheese and potato sticks.
Skillet Pizza Pasta Casserole
10. One-pot skillet Pizza Pasta Casserole is a family-friendly dish that gets eaten up in no time!
I mean, everyone loves pizza! We enjoyed the heck out of this recipe last night.
Grab the Recipe ~ Frugal Mom-Eh
Meatball Sub Casserole
11. So easy, so good. This 5-ingredient Meatball sub recipe is perfect for a group of hungry teenagers and cleanup is so easy!
Gluten-Free Turkey Tetrazzini
12. This Turkey Tetrazzini recipe is all the classic taste that you are looking for in a gluten-free comfort food casserole, and it’s a great way to use your turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving!
Easy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
13. Super Easy Chicken Broccoli Casserole easy to prep ahead for easy weeknight dinners and meal prep! It’s creamy, hearty, and filled with classic flavors. It is a nice recipe to have for Sunday Supper!
Easy Tater Tot Casserole
14. Not your everyday casserole! This one switches out traditional canned cream soups for yogurt!
I have never had a day when one of my kids would not eat a tater tot!
Easy Skillet Chicken Lasagna
15. Savory, satisfying lasagna made with good old’ store-bought rotisserie chicken and canned sauce with all the cheese in 30 minutes and easy-peasy cleanup. This is a crowd-pleaser!
Amish Chicken Casserole
16. This delicious, from-scratch supper is filling, satisfying, and something the whole family will enjoy. You will want to save this recipe in your toolbox: Amish Chicken Casserole Dinner for future meal plans!
Bring the family to the table, make it the best hour of the day!Pamela List ~ Momma Can
Chicken Bacon Ranch
17. Hello Bacon! I say this because for some reason bacon brings joy to so many palates! Creamy alfredo, with chicken, cheese, and bacon, you can’t go wrong if you are on team bacon! This is a scrumptious main casserole dinner.
Tamale Pie with Brown Butter Cornbread
18. Chef Kathy’s Tamale Pie with Brown Butter Cornbread Topping so scrumptious!
A hearty ground beef casserole with tons of Mexican spices.
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS
19. This chicken pot pie with biscuits recipe is a satisfying dinner that takes only 15 minutes to prepare. It’s loaded with chicken and vegetables and topped with fluffy, flaky biscuits.
I love an easy dinner, top it with biscuits, and that is just heaven on a plate!
Spicy Funeral Potatoes
20. Traditional Southern Funeral Potatoes with the added yumminess of diced chilis! If you feel you need to add meat, then top it with crispy crumbled bacon.
Spicy Funeral Potatoes ~ Momma Can
I hope you found some wonderful casserole recipes to cook for the family today!