There is nothing more exasperating the shuffling around in a kitchen drawer trying to find the right tool.
“I know I have a silicone spatula around here some place! ”
Sounds familiar, no worries today we are tackling the kitchen drawers. And because we are all super busy moms we are going to only tackle the ones that are in desperate need of a cleaning and organizing intervention. I was so excited to get started on this one that I began clearing out my choice of drawers while my coffee was brewing this morning. I want to rid my kitchen of THE JUNK DRAWER! I have decided it is a waste of space and it just happens to be right at my left elbow where I cook and is not the most convenient spot for my family to sift through looking for a pencil sharpener while I am cooking dinner.
Let’s Get Started:
1. Choose your drawers and take that optional digital photo if you like! Drawers offer the most satisfying before and after shots because they are small and easy to empty, clean and reorganize.
2. Empty the contents of the drawer.
3. Throw out the trash or broken items and donate what you no longer use.
4. Wipe the drawer clean.
5. Return items to drawer in an orderly fashion taking care to place like items together.
6. Take you trash to the trash can and the donation to your car or designated donation spot. (I have one a spot at the front door, and my husband knows when there is a full bag to grab it and take to the Salvation Army drop-off. He is charming that way.)
7. Take you after photos and do you ” I DID IT” dance because you are finished!
Question: Do you have a junk drawer? Do you feel they are a necessary evil?